Don't miss this!
"Unwind and Dine" at Leroy spring and Co. Beat the economic blues with a prime rib dinner at the newly renovated Oak Room of the Fort Mill Golf Club 6 p.m. Thursday, April 30, for only $14.95 per person.
To make your reservations or to get more information, call 547-1060.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Live Theater, "Don't Tell Mother" directed by Elaine Roberts is the latest Drama and Dessert Fort Mill Community Playhouse production. Performances begin 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 30, at the playhouse, 615 Banks St., Fort Mill. For more information, visit www.fortmillplayhouse.org or call 548-8102.
• See "Gypsy," April 30-May 2 presented by the Community Playhouse of Lancaster County at Stevens Auditorium on the USC Lancaster Campus (476 Hubbard Drive, Lancaster). Show times are 8 p.m. with one 3 p.m. matinee. Visit www.lancasterplayhouse.com or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Alive After 5, live music 6-8 p.m. every week at Sweet Peppers Deli, 936 Market Street suite 106 in Baxter Village, Fort Mill. Upcoming performers include 80AD (classic rock) Friday, May 1, and talented singers/songwirters Josh Carter And The Practice Friday, May 8. Free. Call 396-8888.
• Get some barbecue, 11 a.m. until it sells out Saturday, May 2, at the Catawba Masonic Lodge, 220 Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill. Plates include chips, coleslaw and tea.
• Movie night, the Fort Mill YMCA and Eternal Church will present the movie "Fireproof" 6:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday, May 2. Couples are invited to come and enjoy an evening of dinner, movie and discussion on how to strengthen and improve their marriage. Childcare will be provided. Registration required. $30 member couple with three children/ $40 non-members. For more information, call the Fort Mill YMCA at 548-8020.
• Kentucky Derby Party, 4-7 p.m. Saturday, May 2, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn, 540 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill. Food, beverages, a hat contest, stick horse races and other events will precede the Kentucky Derby. Tickets are $50 per person or $85 per couple. Register online at www.yorkcounty-cf.org or call Tammie Dawson at 800-973-7244.
• Gristmill site tour, 10 a.m. - noon Saturday, May 2, on the Anne springs Close Greenway led by Dottie Metzler, naturalist and environmental educator. Meet at the corner of Steele Street and Springfield Pkwy. Call 547-0234 or 548-7252
• Spring Home-A-Rama, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, May 2, and 1-5 p.m. Sunday, May 5. 17 area homebuilders and developers are prepared to show off their latest floor plans and models. Register for prizes at the event tent, pick up the official full color Home-A-Rama guide and map, and start the tour at Massey on Doby's Bridge Road, Fort Mill.
• Free yoga and meditation classes, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays through May at The Gym on Main, 214 Main Street, Fort Mill. Meditation follows yoga. Students can come to either or both. Call Liz Kriz at 803-230-5406 or visit www.timeforyoga.com.
• Confederate Memorial Day Service, 10 a.m. Saturday, May 9, at Confederate Park, Main Street, Fort Mill. There will be a presentation of the colors, testimonials by several camp members about their ancestors, a wreath laying ceremony at the monument, a musket salute, a cannon salute and the playing of "Taps."
• Backyards and Beauty Spots, Come visit Historic York 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 9, for the first Garden Tour sponsored by the Episcopal Church Women of the Church of the Good Shepherd. Five gardens in the historic district will be open for browsing. Includes a buffet lunch. Call Jeanne Ferguson at 803-684-6020 or Betty Jane Howie at 803-684-4113.
• Chair-ity, a creative and fun event at the Art Mill, 213 Main Street, Fort Mill, Saturday, May 16. Decorate a chair, stool, etc., that will be sold at silent auction. Prizes for winners. Everyone encouraged to enter. Family fun. For more information, call 548-3159 or visit www.fortmillartguild.com
• St. Philip Neri's Italian Festival kicks off 5 p.m. Thursday, May 14, with a "grown-ups evening out" at the church on Munn Road, Fort Mill, featuring live opera and homemade Italian dishes and more. Wine tasting presented by festival partner Grapevine in the gated patio on Church grounds. Don't miss the "Italian Idol" talent finals. Visit www.saintphilipneriitalianfest.org.