Don't miss this!
Free yoga and meditation classes 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays through May at The Gym on Main, 214 Main St., Fort Mill. Meditation follows yoga. Students can come to either or both. Call Liz Kriz at 803-230-5406 or visit www.timeforyoga.com.
• Meet Jake Delhomme, and other Carolina Panthers 5:30 p.m. at Towne Tavern, 2000 Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. Proceeds benefit the Tega Cay Fire Department. Call 802-2340.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
• Alive After 5, live music 6-8 p.m. at Sweet Peppers Deli, 936 Market Street suite 106 in Baxter Village, Fort Mill. Upcoming performers include talented singers/songwirters Josh Carter And The Practice Friday, May 8. Free. Call 396-8888.
• Dance clinic, hosted by the Nation Ford Dance Team for elementary and middle school students from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, May 9, at the NFHS gym. Cost of the program is $30 which includes the clinic, lunch and a T-shirt. For more information and to register, go www.nfhs.fort-mill.k12.sc.us, click on "Athletics," then click on "Dance Team."
• Pinetuckett in concert, homegrown bluegrass 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 8, at Andrew Jackson Park amphitheater, Lancaster. $2 adults; $1.25 seniors; 15 and younger free. For more information, call 803-285-3344 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Confederate Memorial Day Service, 10 a.m. Saturday, May 9, at Confederate Park, Main Street, Fort Mill. There will be a presentation of the colors, testimonials by several of our camp members about their ancestors, a wreath laying ceremony at the monument, a musket salute, a cannon salute and the playing of taps.
• Backyards and Beauty Spots, Come visit Historic York 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 9, for the first-ever Garden Tour sponsored by the Episcopal Church Women of the Church of the Good Shepherd. Includes a buffet lunch. Reserve tickets by Thursday, May 7. Call Jeanne Ferguson at 803-684-6020 or Betty Jane Howie at 803-684-4113.
• St. Philip Neri's Italian Festival, kicks off 5 p.m. Thursday, May 14, with a "grown-ups evening out" at the church on Munn Road, Fort Mill, featuring live opera and homemade Italian dishes and more. A new event this year is a wine tasting presented by Festival partner Grapevine in the gated patio on Church grounds. Don't miss the "Italian Idol" talent finals Saturday, May 16, from 1 to 3 p.m. For more information, visit www.saintphilip neriitalianfest.org
• Chair-ity, a creative and fun event at the Art Mill, 213 Main Street, Fort Mill, Saturday, May 16. Decorate a chair, stool, etc., that will be sold at silent auction. Prizes for winners. Everyone encouraged to enter. Family fun. For more information, call 548-3159 or visit www.fortmillartguild.com
• Student community concert, 3 p.m. Sunday, May 17, at First United Methodist Church 202 W. Gay Street Lancaster. Free.
• Safe boating course, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, May 23, at the Fort Mill Library. This class includes safe boating techniques, knots, aids to navigation and much more. Those who pass the exam at the end can qualify for a discount on insurance. $30 charge for manual. Lunch provided. To register, contact Gene Stutz 831-8252 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Van Blarcom, 548-5362 or email@example.com.
• Dancers wanted, Palmetto Youth Dance Company is holding auditions for dance company members ages 9-18 for the 2009-2010 dance season 1-3 p.m. Saturday, May 30, at Kendra's Academy of Dance. Contact Jessica Miera at 325-2846 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Preschool Story time, 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3 to 5 year-olds and their caregivers.
• Fort Mill Art Guild classes, include drawing, watercolor, pastel and oil paintings and more. Visit www.fortmillartguild.com.
• Story time, 11 a.m. every Friday at SweeTreats on Market Street in Baxter Village.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.