Don't miss this!
Third annual Carolina Motor Madness Car and Motorcycle Show hosted by the Tega Cay Lions Club 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, May 30, at Knights Stadium. Trophies for different classes of cars and special trophies for motorcycles. Kids park, live entertainment with three different bands, door prizes, food and lots of fun for all. Free, except for a small parking fee. For more information, go to www.carolinamotormadness.com.
• Senior Health and Fitness Day, 7:30-11 a.m. Wednesday, May 27, at the Fort Mill YMCA. Local healthcare providers will be on hand to provide their expertise on topics specific to the senior community. Vision, hearing, arthritis, pharmaceuticals and other topics will be discussed. Seniors are invited to join in for line dancing and Wii bowling. Free. No membership necessary.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
• Alive After 5, live music 6-8 p.m. at Sweet Peppers Deli, 936 Market Street suite 106 in Baxter Village, Fort Mill. Upcoming performer is Josh Carter And The Practice Friday, May 29. Free. Call 396-8888.
• Casting call, 2-6 p.m. Saturday, May 30, for the The Fort Mill Community Playhouse summer youth production of "Snow White" as written by J. Michael Straczynski. Call backs, if necessary, will be held 6-9 p.m. Monday, June 1. Director Shon Wilson will consider performers from ages 8 to 18. The Fort Mill Community Playhouse actively solicits the audition participation of ethnic minorities, male and female and performers with disabilities. Dwarfs can be either gender.
• Live music, Joe Collins on acoustic guitar 5-7 p.m. Saturday, May 30, at BacInTyme Coffee Cafe, 124 Confederate St., Fort Mill. Free
• Dancers wanted, Palmetto Youth Dance Company is holding auditions for dance company members ages 9-18 for the 2009-2010 dance season 1-3 p.m. Saturday, May 30, at Kendra's Academy of Dance. Contact Jessica Miera at 325-2846 or email@example.com.
• Gospel music, 7 p.m. Sunday, May 31, at Philadelphia United Methodist Church, 1691 Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. GENESIS is an all-women gospel group offering an evening of entertainment sure to inspire and enlighten audiences of all ages. Childcare will be provided. Admission is free, but a love offering will be taken for the performers. For more information, call Andy Faulkenberry, at 548-0102 or visit www.pumcfortmill.org.
• Arts and crafts sale, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Sun City Carolina Lakes Lake House and Pavilion, Hwy. 521, Indian Land. Food and music. For more information, call 547-8858.
• Book signing, Simply Elegant, 212 Main St., Fort Mill, will be hosting a book signing with Tracy Becker, author of "A Catholic Bride's Wedding Planner" noon-3 p.m. Saturday, May 30. Brides of any faith are invited to attend and receive a packet with discounts from local businesses, tasty treats compliments of Sugar Face, live music and more. For more information, call 548-3900.
• Free yoga and meditation classes 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays through May at The Gym on Main, 214 Main St., Fort Mill. Meditation follows yoga. Students can come to either or both. Call Liz Kriz at 803-230-5406 or visit www.timeforyoga.com.
• Catawba River Art Guild Exhibition, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. at BacInTyme Coffee Cafe, 124 Confederate St., Fort Mill, through June 10. Featured artists include Dianne Myers, Ellen Haack, Sue Rice Lembright, Herb Dumaresq, Jean Wheeler and Jennifer Uhland. For more information, call Tammy Steinberger at 802-7155
• Summertime in the South, a musical celebration of the beginning of summer 3 p.m. Sunday, June 7, at the Lancaster County Council for the Arts, 201 W. Gay Street Lancaster. Selections from masters of classical music. Free. For more information, call 803-417-0942 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open House, all day Saturday, June 6, at Storm Dancer Studio, 118 Main Street, Fort Mill. Visit to see 3-D body cast art, paintings and more. Complimentary wine and horderves will be served in the evening. For more information, call 547-8813
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Preschool Story time, 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3 to 5 year-olds and their caregivers.