Do you remember?
• Fort Mill High School participated in Project Graduation at Carowinds for the first time. Many seniors were disappointed in the hot, long lines they had to endure for security checks.
• Commencement exercises were held at Fort Mill High School for 52 graduates of the Fort Mill-Rock Hill Adult Education Program.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Jack Busbin, a Fort Mill police officer, announced his retirement after a 31-year law enforcement career.
• The Famous San Diego Chicken entertained fans between innings of the Charlotte Knights-Knoxviile Blue Jays game at Knights Stadium.
• Kathie Amato was class Valedictorian and Dannie Vaughn was Salutatorian at A.O. Jones commencement exercises.
• Wendy Winchester, granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frederick Nims, was named Miss Ingenue by "Ingenue Magazine."
• Jacky Bayne Day was held at Indian Land High School for the 1963 Warrior graduate. Jacky was severely wounded during combat in Vietnam.
• Dixon Leslie of Fort Mill was elected president of the Erskine College Alumni Association.
• Jean Howie and James Kelly Ardrey were Valedictorian and Salutatorian, respectively, for the Fort Mill High School Class of 1949.
• Management of the Majestic Theater, located on Confederate Street, Fort Mill, announced that the theater would be open on Fridays and Saturdays only.
• A number of Fort Mill Boy Scouts were in Charlotte to assist veterans and others attending the Confederate reunion.
• At a town council meeting, the best reason advanced thus far to begin city mail delivery in Fort Mill was to create a job for someone.
• The handsome Confederate Monument, recently erected in Lancaster, was unveiled with appropriate exercises.
• A lot at the corner of Monroe White and Confederate streets was selected for the site of the new Fort Mill Graded School.