Live music 6-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, June 12-13, at Sweet Peppers Deli, 936 Market Street suite 106 in Baxter Village, Fort Mill. West Boltz covers favorites from the 70s-present (Friday) and Full Court is all jazz and blues (Saturday). Free. Call 396-8888.
• Register now, for summer sports and specialty camps at the Fort Mill YMCA. New and creative camps for kids include lacrosse, performing arts, soccer, Spanish, dance, Lego robotics and cartoonist camp. For more information, call 548-8020.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Nature Camp, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway holds week-long sessions now until July 17. Sessions are 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday and offer unique opportunities for children to have fun while learning about nature. $105 for greenway members and $125 for the general public. Scholarships are available. Applications are available at www.leroysprings.com and at the greenway headquarters office. For more information, call 548-7252.
• Bookin' with Ronald McDonald, 4 p.m. Thursday, June 11, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Fun-filled interactive show that promotes the benefits of reading as part of a healthy, active summer. Call 547-4114 to register.
• "Cinderella with a Twist, StageWorks Theatre performs this classic tale with an updated view. Wild hairdos, dancing and audience participation will make this a show not to miss. 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. Thursday, June 16, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Visit www.yclibrary.org or call 547-4114
• Blood drive, 3-7:30 p.m. Friday, June 19, at Knights Stadium, 2280 Deerfield Drive, Fort Mill.
• Creating Jack Tales, 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 23, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Rags to Riches Theatre pays homage to the Appalachian tradition of Jack Tales about a boy named Jack and his adventures. Call 547-4114.
• Reunion for FMHS Classes of 1963 and 1964, 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43 on Banks Street. If you are a class member and have not received your invitation, call one of the following people: Rusty Adkins (1963) at 548-4933 or Chipper Hemsoth (1964) at 547-5844.
• Teen Summer Reading Club, for rising sixth-12th graders. The club has an arts theme, "Express Yourself at your Library." After reading a total of 15 hours, teens will be eligible to enter drawings for prizes from Woody's Music, GameStop, Best Buy and more. For more information, visit www.yclibrary.org or call 547-4114.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak or $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. Rental hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and 1 to 6 p.m. Sundays. For more information, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Preschool Story Time, 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3 to 5 year-olds and their caregivers.
• Fort Mill Art Guild classes, include drawing, watercolor, pastel and oil paintings and more. Visit www.fortmillartguild.com.
• Story time, 11 a.m. every Friday at SweeTreats on Market Street in Baxter Village.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.
• Guitar lessons, at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex. Start from the basics and build from there. $96/member, $106/nonmember; Four, one-hour sessions per month. Call 547-4575.
• Learn karate, for self defense, sport, fitness and fun at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex. Times vary.
• Fancy footwork, line and couples dancing lessons are available at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mondays. No registration necessary. Cost is $5 per session. Visit www.billandapril.com.
• The Mother Goose Rhyme Time, for ages 4-6 includes stories, rhymes, puppets and crafts at the Lancaster Public Library, 10-10:30 a.m. Mondays and 4-4:30 p.m. Thursdays. For details, call (803) 285-1502.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call (803) 285-1502.