The Catawba Council of the South Carolina Silver Haired Legislature meets monthly for most of the year usually in Rock Hill.
Fort Mill Township residents are invited to serve as representatives on the nonpartisan advisory board. The group meets at least once a year with elected officials at the S.C. State House.
The purposes of the group are:
• To identify issues, concerns and possible solutions for problems faced by the residents of South Carolina, with special emphasis on issues related to seniors.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
• To make recommendations to the governor and to members of the S.C. General Assembly.
• To educate the public on issues important to seniors.
• To encourage seniors to participate actively in public affairs.
• To promote good government for all South Carolinians.
The Silver Haired Legislature representatives must be registered voters older than 60 who are elected in their counties to serve the state body. The Catawba caucus includes Chester, Lancaster, Union and York counties and needs volunteers, especially from York, Chester and Union counties.
Anyone interested in joining can call Wayne Kersey at 803-287-9453.