Serving the Bethel and Lake Wylie communities
• We are accepting registrations for soccer and cheerleading through July 31. All forms are available at lwsports.org. Soccer may register by mail, and in-person from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 9 at Omega Sports at Rivergate in Steele Creek.
• We still have room for LWAA cheerleaders to sign up for our cheerleading camp Aug. 4-7 with the Northwestern High School cheerleaders. All of cheerleaders who attend will receive a solid week of coaching from some of the best in the state.
• The Lake Wylie Blue Eagles Pee Wee Football team has been invited to the Aug. 23 Carolina Panthers Youth Football Jamboree. Our team of mostly 11-year-olds will be scrimmaging other Pee Wee teams from Charlotte and Gaston County, and have a great day with the Panthers and mingle with players. There are still spots open for boys aged 8 to 12, if they meet the age and weight rules.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
• Registrations for fall baseball program continues through Aug. 15. This non-competitive instructional season is open to all children aged 5 to 14. It will run 10 consecutive Sundays, Sept. 7-Nov. 9, from 4 to 6 p.m. Sessions will be comprised of Little League-sanctioned drills designed to teach and develop specific skills and live game situational practice to teach strategy. Registration fee is $25 per child or $50 per family).
• Upcoming dates: July 26, tentative for equipment distribution/team assignments; Aug. 4-7, cheerleading camp at Northwestern High School; Aug. 1 first football practices; Aug. 9, soccer registration at Omega Sports.
We are always looking for continued support. If you would like to donate cash, goods or services, call (803) 831-9298. To volunteer, go to eteamz.com/lwaa for the form.