Candidates for school board races in five school districts in York and Chester counties have until Monday to file to run in the November election.
In York County, 14 school board seats are up for election in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, York and Clover school districts. Three seats are up for election on the Chester County school board.
The filing period opened Aug. 1 and ends at noon Aug. 15.
The seats up for election, and candidates who have filed with York and Chester county elections offices as of Monday, are listed on scvotes.org. They are:
▪ Rock Hill school district: Seats 1, 3, 5 and an at-large seat are up for election. Candidates who have filed are incumbent Elizabeth Ann Reid, seat 1; incumbent Mildred Douglas, seat 3; Hank Hammond, seat 5; and Tyrie K. Rowell and incumbent Terry Hutchinson, both for the at-large seat.
▪ Fort Mill school district: Three at-large seats will be up for election and five candidates have filed. They are incumbents Tom Audette and Pam Martin and newcomers Terrin Boddie, Chad Meyer and Kristy Thames Spears.
▪ York school district: Seats 1, 3, 5 and an at-large seat will be up for election. Candidates who have filed are Maria Duncan, seat 1; incumbent Chris Revels, seat 3; and incumbent Chris Stephenson, at-large.
▪ Clover school district: Seats 3 and 4 and an at-large seat will be open. Candidates who have filed are incumbent Liz Stowe Johnson, seat 3; and Ginger Marr, seat 4.
▪ Chester County school district: Seats in District 1, 2 and 5 are up for election. Those who have filed are and Sandy Lovern, District 1; incumbent Laurens Fort, District 2; and incumbent Gene Boyd, District 5.
For more information, visit scvotes.org.
Jennifer Becknell: 803-329-4077