CLOVER BLUE EAGLES at WILSON TIGERS
• COACHES: Clover -- Jet Turner. Wilson -- Darryl Page
• RECORDS: Clover -- 0-0. Wilson -- 0-0
• LAST WEEK: Season opener for both
• REGIONS: Clover -- 3-AAAA. Wilson -- 5-AAA
• RADIO/INTERNET: wrhifootball.com
• DIRECTIONS: Take I-77 South to Columbia, where you will see I-20 heading west. Turn onto I-20 West toward Florence. Take the exit into Florence just before the exit for I-95. This road becomes McLeod Boulevard. McLeod runs into Palmetto Street. Turn left on Palmetto. Drive through town and toward the airport. The stadium is after the airport on the right.
• NOTES: The season-opener for both teams will have the eyes of the state on it -- it's the only public school game in South Carolina. ... Clover, region champs a year ago, seeks to keep the good fortune going against a team that's long been regarded for its speed and defense. ... Wilson returns eight defensive starters from a team that played for the Lower State championship last year. ... Clover's multi-headed tailback tandem will be used extensively tonight, although don't get too used to seeing one guy carry the ball. With only three weeks of practice and the heat a large factor, Turner may rotate more often than he usually does. ... The Blue Eagles have rushed for more than 3,000 yards per year in each of Turner's five seasons. ... The Tigers were celebrating during April after two of their alums, Justin Durant and Lawrence Timmons, were each chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft.