Crime

Man charged with attempted murder in Rock Hill shooting

Jamal Keenan Miller
Jamal Keenan Miller

A 20-year-old man has been charged with three counts of attempted murder in connection with a shooting earlier this month on East Black Street in Rock Hill, according to police reports.

Jamal Keenan Miller was taken into Rock Hill police custody Wednesday at the Charlotte-Mecklenburg County Jail, where he was served with three warrants charging him with attempted murder, reports said.

Miller also was charged with carrying a pistol unlawfully and possession of a firearm during a violent crime, reports said. He was being held Thursday in the Rock Hill city jail.

Miller was charged in connection with a March 4 shooting incident in the 700 block of East Black Street, reports said.

One person, 18-year-old Jarrius Harding, died from injuries in the shooting. Police were not available Thursday to provide information about Miller’s connection to the case.

Another suspect, Quintonio Bernard Porter, 23, had been previously arrested in connection with the case, according to reports.

Jennifer Becknell: 803-329-4077

This story was originally published March 24, 2016 at 12:11 PM with the headline "Man charged with attempted murder in Rock Hill shooting."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER