▪ Steve Langley, the Guinness Book Of World Record holding Bubbleologist, will perform Soap Bubble Circus at the 19th annual Family Night, 7 p.m. Tuesday at Clover School District Auditorium, 1625 Highway 55 E., Clover. Langley delights audiences with bubble tricks and sculptures. Family tickets, $10; individuals, $5. Details: 803-222-8018, clover.k12.sc.us/csda.
▪ Donnie Floyd, Hendrick Motorsports chaplain, will speak at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Friendship United Methodist Church, 1200 Neely Store Road, Rock Hill. Floyd has spent 18 seasons as a crew member on the NASCAR race teams of Terry LaBonte, Brian Vickers, Casey Mears, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Chase Elliott. He has taken part in more than 188 wins, traveled the race circuit and received seven Championship rings from Jimmy Johnson. Floyd takes his life experiences and shows how the Gospel is relevant for us today. Free admission and hot dogs. Details: 803-324-0482.
▪ Bethel United Methodist Church Soup Kitchen, 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the church on Curtis Avenue, Rock Hill. Open to the community. Donations accepted. The kitchen is open Thursdays through March.
▪ Camp High Hopes and Boyd Hill Baptist Brotherhood Ministry, Valentine Community Dance, 5:30-8 p.m. Feb. 10 at Boyd Hill Richard E. Sandifer Life Center, 310 Glenn St., Rock Hill. Free to students of all ages. Free food and prizes. Wear red. Nazareth and Union Baptist churches are co-sponsors.
▪ Newcomers Club of York County’s monthly meeting and “Bingo Fundraiser,” 11:30 a.m. Feb. 14 at Palmetto Room, 150 E. White St., Rock Hill. Five & Dine will provide lunch. Cost is $16. The fundraiser will open to the public at 12:45 pm, $10 at the door. Five bingo games start at 1:15 p.m. Packs of five cards are $10 each and members can play as many packs as they like. Individual cards are $3 each. Cover all prize is a $100 Pump House gift certificate and wine. Proceeds benefit year-end charities. Reservations are required. Call 508-397-2273 or YCNreservations@yahoo.com by 10 p.m. Feb. 8.
▪ The fifth annual Mt. Hebron Dreamkeepers Optimist Club Exhibition Basketball Game, 3 p.m. Feb. 17 at Saluda Trail Middle School Gym featuring the Prime Time Players, a semi-pro team from Fort Mill and the York County Community All-Stars, a lineup of well-known local players, including several former high school stars. Proceeds go to club programs, including Youth Empowerment Service, research for childhood cancer and Alzheimer’s disease, as well as other Optimist International initiatives. Tickets: $10, adults and $5 students and seniors age 60 and older. Available at the door or online at brownpapertickets.com/event/3223384.
▪ Woman’s Club of Rock Hill seeks vendors for “A Wedding Fair to Remember,” 1-5 p.m. Feb. 25 at the historic clubhouse, 607 Aiken Ave., Rock Hill. Interested wedding suppliers (stationery, clothing, flowers, hair, jewelry, cakes) call 803-371-0835 or email email@example.com.
▪ Keystone board of directors, 6 p.m. Monday at the Keystone Youth Center, 1668 Herlong Court, Rock Hill. Open to the public. Details: 803-324-4118.
▪ York Soil & Water Conservation District commissioners, 10 a.m. Tuesday at USDA Service Center, 1460 E. Alexander Love Highway, York. Open to the public. Details: 803-670-3018.
▪ Indian Land – Sons of the American Revolution Chapter, 1:30-2:30 p.m. lunch and 2:30-3:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Oak Room at Hickory Tavern, 8364 Charlotte Highway, Indian Land. Meetings are open to the public. Details:803-228-0248.
▪ Rock Hill branch of the NAACP general meeting, 9 a.m. Saturday at Bannon Hall across from St. Mary Catholic Church, 902 Crawford Road, Rock Hill.
▪ Registration for Rock Hill Parks, Recreation and Tourism’s Spring Youth Sports, Jan. 29-Feb. 16. The following are offered: soccer, ages 5-13 as of March 31; baseball, ages 9-13 as of April 30 and girls softball, ages 7-12 as of April 30. Register during office hours at Manchester Meadows, PRT Office (Room 390) at City Hall, and at the four recreation centers. The Cherry Park Tower location is temporarily closed. Bring a copy of your birth certificate. Returning players with a birth certificate in the system may register online at cityofrockhill.com/prt if they have a current email address on file. A registration brochure with details is available at cityofrockhill.com/prt. Questions: 803-326-3792 or 803-329-5672. Volunteer coaches are needed: soccer, 803-326-2634; girls softball, 803-325-2585; or baseball, 803-326-3848.
▪ Martha Manning, author of “My Angel and Me,” book signing is March 3 at Shepherd’s Fold, 415 Cherry Road, Rock Hill, and 8:30 a.m. March 4 at Mount Holly United Methodist Church, S.C. 901, Rock Hill. The book is available on amazon.com.
▪ The Museum of York County will host a series of seminars that focus on the region’s 600 million year geologic history. “Carolina Piedmont through Time” is a trio of seminars led by Steve Fields, the museum’s curator of natural history. Seminars are 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, “From the Depths of the Earth and Ocean;” Feb. 20, “Big Times – Dinosaurs and their Kin;” and March 20, “Rise and Teigh of the Mammals.” Suited for age 12 and older. Cost for three seminars: $15, members, volunteers, students with ID, and $25 non-members. Registration required at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-981-9182. Seminar includes a signed copy of Dr. Steve Fields’ book, “In Your Nature.”
York County Library
▪ The York County Library in Rock Hill offers the following free programs this month. Register online at yclibrary.org.
The Good Yarn Stitching Group, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Monday. All skill levels welcome. No registration required.
Teen Advisory Board, 4:30-6 p.m. Tuesday for ages 11-17. Help select materials for the Young Adult Collection and plan events for your peers. No registration required.
Winter Wonderland Family Storytime, 6-7 p.m. Tuesday with wintery activities, stories, crafts and songs. Ages 11 and under with adult. Register online or call 803-981-5888 to register.
Genealogy Research at Winthrop, 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Explore records available at Winthrop University for uncovering your family’s past. Winthrop archivist Gina Price White shows examples of the materials available for genealogy. Register online, calling 803-981-5825, or visit the Reference Desk in Rock Hill.
▪ York County Library has a new online service that makes reading recommendations based on what you, the reader, like. SelectReads offers monthly genre newsletters; new arrivals newsletters; custom, subject-based monthly newsletters created by you; author spotlight newsletters highlighting authors and the books in our collection; and popular awards list for children, teen and adults. Other features are book descriptions, reviews and author profiles. Details: yclibrary.org
▪ Agape Hospice is seeking volunteers to share time with patients, office work and other tasks. Details: 803-517-2021 or email@example.com.
▪ Rock Hill chapter of Finley High School alumni, 5 p.m. Monday at Jackson’s Cafeteria, 1735 Heckle Boulevard, Rock Hill. All members and associates invited. Details: 803-230-3325 or 704-232-0793.
▪ Rock Hill High School Class of 1954, 1 p.m. Thursday Jan. 25 at Golden Corral, 1031 N. Anderson Road, Rock Hill. Members, relatives and friends invited.
▪ Finley High School Class of 1964, noon Saturday at Golden Corral, 1031 N. Anderson Road, Rock Hill. All classmates are encouraged to attend. Details: 803-230-3325, 803-374-1090 or 704-661-7701.
▪ Rock Hill High School Class of 1968 50th reunion, April 20-21. Details: rhhs1968.com/index.cfm.
▪ Carolina Community Actions WIOA program is recruiting ages 17-24 for its work program. All applicants must qualify, be out of school and willing to work for 7 1/2 weeks. They may earn up to $1,600 tax free and gain permanent employment. Details: 803-366-5302, 803-372-7002, 803-372-9869 or stop by the office, 546 S. Cherry Road, suite C, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays.
▪ Scleroderma support group meeting, 6 p.m. March 15 at Piedmont Medical Center, Rock Hill. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-802-9332.
Send news and photos (JPEGs) to email@example.com or 132 W. Main St., Rock Hill, SC 29730.