In observance of Community Action Month, Carolina Community Actions, in collaboration with the Rock Hill Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, will host Community Action Outreach Day, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday at 546 S. Cherry Road in Rock Hill.
Low income families can get assistance with utility cooling bills up to $1,000, or receive a new air conditioner or HVAC unit at no cost to them. Senior citizens 60 years or over may qualify to receive a 16” oscillating stand fan.
To quality for the programs bring:
▪ South Carolina picture ID matching current address
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
▪ Social Security cards for all household members
▪ Proof of total gross household income for the last 30 days
▪ Weekly, Bi-monthly or monthly check stubs
▪ 2015 Social Security Benefits Award Letter
▪ UI (Unemployment Insurance) benefits printout and a current job search
▪ Copy of the current unpaid energy bill (must be in the name of the applicant or a household member)
Household income for one person cannot exceed $1,471.25 and the household income for two persons cannot exceed $1,991.25. Add $507.50 for each additional person in the household to help determine eligibility.
For more information on regular hours, please call 803-366-5537 or 803-366-5719.