Before York County voters choose whether to approve new road projects, the group drawing up the final project list will tour the county to hear from the citizens who use those roads every day.
The “Pennies For Progress” commission has set its schedule for the next few months, with meetings planned in different communities around York County, starting in two weeks in Tega Cay.
Commissioners will meet at 6 p.m. March 23 in the council chambers, 15077 Molokai Drive. Another meeting is planned each month for the rest of the year.
The six commissioners – half appointed by the county and half by municipalities – will come up with the list of projects for the fourth round of Pennies, as well as the ballot question that will be put to county voters in 2017.
Three of the seats on the commission were named by the York County Council, two by the city of Rock Hill and one by the eight other cities and towns in the county.
Scheduled Pennies commission meetings, all starting at 6 p.m.:
▪ March 23: Tega Cay City Council Chambers, 15077 Molokai Drive
▪ April 20: Manchester Meadows Conference Room, 337 E. Mount Gallant Road, Rock Hill
▪ May 18: Clover Community Center, 120 Bethel St.
▪ June 22: Rock Hill Operations Center, 757 S. Anderson Road
▪ July 20: Fort Mill meeting (location to be determined)
▪ Aug. 24: Sharon Community Center, 3722 Woodlawn St.
Other monthly meetings are planned for September through December, but those times and locations have not been set.