The Fort Mill Moose Lodge No. 1240 will host a public celebration of its 50th anniversary at noon Saturday at 1676 Harris Road.
All members, nonmembers and their families are invited. There will be free hot dogs, chips and beverages. A child and senior ID event will be from 1 to 3 p.m. The 78 charter members will be honored from 3 to 4 p.m.
The day continues with a horseshoe tournament at 5 p.m. and live music and dance from 8 p.m. to midnight, featuring the Music Row Band. A covered-dish dinner will be available. Cost for dinner and dance is $5 for nonmembers.
▪ Count Me In to Do the Right Thing will host free bingo games for area youth and senior citizens, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Richburg Community Library, 3771 Lancaster Highway. All prizes are essential household goods to be awarded to senior citizens. For information, email email@example.com.
▪ Office of Victim Services is hosting a community fair at 10 a.m. April 14 at Winthrop University, DiGiorgio Campus Center/Ballroom. It’s one of four around the state during National Crime Victims’ Rights Week, April 10-16. The events are designed to inform crime victims and the public about available resources, as well as encouraging collaboration among victim service providers. Those attending can meet and talk with various victim services providers in the area, including the Governor’s Office, State Office of Victim Assistance, PPP, local sexual assault centers and local law enforcement Victim Service Providers. Victim service providers are invited to exhibit. For information, contact Debbie Curtis at 803-734-9274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The Catawba Sail and Power Squadron, the local unit of the United States Power Squadrons, will have its annual yard sale 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at Lake Wylie Lutheran Church at S.C. 160 and Gold Hill Road in Fort Mill. Proceeds from the sale support the squadron’s local civic service activities.
▪ Relay for Life/York East will have a restaurant fundraiser, 4-10 p.m. Tuesday at Hickory Tavern on Celanese Road in Rock Hill. The restaurant will donate 10 percent of the receipts put in the bucket as you leave. Relay for Life/York East will be 2-10 p.m. May 14 at Dutchman Creek Middle School, Mount Gallant Road, Rock Hill.
▪ Project Safe Pet will host a PawBrokers jewelry party, 4-8 p.m. April 14 at Beef O’ Brady’s, 940 Market St., Fort Mill. The event features designer, estate and antique jewelry, retro pieces and more. Previously worn jewelry can be brought and donated to be sold at a later date. Proceeds go to Project Safe Pet, which provides low cost, no-cost pet spay and neuter service. Cat and dog food donations also accepted.
▪ The Belk and Wacoal Fit for the Cure, which benefits breast cancer research, will be 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday in the lower level of the Glennon Community Center, 15083 Molokai Drive, Tega Cay. For each bra fitting, Belk and Wacoal will each donate $2 to Susan G. Komen, and for each purchase, another $2 will be donated. No obligation to make a purchase. Walk-ins welcome. For information, contact Carrie Shearin at email@example.com or 803-487-4670.
▪ The 2016 Festival Golf Classic will be April 19 at Pinetuck Golf Club with lunch and 12:45 shotgun start. Entry fee is $240 per team or $60 per player and includes a mulligan, beverages and lunch. Post-tournament door prizes and awards. Proceeds to the Children’s Attention Home and charter school. For information, call Jerry Couch at 803-329-1734 or Lewis Murray at 803-0327-1141.
▪ The York County Marine Corps League’s local detachment, The Olde English Leathernecks, will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars, 732 W. Main St., Rock Hill. The league consists of Marine veterans, retired Marines and associates. For information, call Don Hicks at 803-517- 7253.
▪ Line dance classes are held 2-3 p.m. Thursdays at the VFW, 732 W. Main St. All skill levels welcome. Cost is $3 donation to VFW. For information, call 803-366-1701.
▪ The Newcomers Club of York County, a women’s social and civic organization, will meet 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Grace Lutheran Church, 426 W. Oakland Ave., Rock Hill. Linda Williams, author of “Beyond Snap, Crackle, and Pop” will speak. The luncheon is a potluck with the club providing HoneyBaked Ham sandwiches and drinks for $4. Members are to provide side dishes and desserts. After the meeting, members and guests can play bingo to raise money for Hospice and Community Care and the Humane Society of York County. Five game cards will be $10. Prizes will be awarded for each game. For reservations for each event, contact Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-821-9310 by 10 p.m. Thursday.
▪ The Ballroom Dance Club meets 7:30 p.m. April 15 in the Oak Room, Fort Mill Golf Course, 101 Country Club Drive. Guests, $15 per couple, $7.50 for singles, and includes a free dance lesson. No alcohol; light refreshments provided. Dressy casual. All skill levels are welcome. For information, call Bob at 803-329-5764, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
▪ Lake Wylie Shag Club offers shag-dance lessons and line-dance lessons for $1 Tuesdays at the Fort Mill Moose Lodge. Line-dance lessons begin 6 p.m. and shag-dance lessons 7:30 p.m. The dance floor opens for all dancers 8 p.m. The event features a DJ and snack bar.
▪ The Rock Hill High class of 1959 will meet for lunch 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Golden Corral, Anderson Road. All classmates, spouses and friends are welcome and encouraged to attend.
▪ Affirmation of York County is a faith-based support group for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, their families and friends. The group will meet 7 p.m. April 12 at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 S.C. 160, Fort Mill. For information, call Ellen at 803-417-0954, Melissa at 803-547-6042, or email email@example.com.
▪ Alateen meets 8-9 p.m. Thursdays at Zoar Road Club, 14701 Thomas Road, Charlotte. Meetings are for two age groups: 6-12 and 13 and older. For information, call 803-547-2124 or 704-904-7834.
▪ Al-Anon meets 8 p.m. Mondays at Serenity Club, 209 Grayson Road, Rock Hill; a noon Tuesdays upstairs at Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church, 421 Oakland Ave., Rock Hill; 8 p.m. Mondays at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 S.C. 160, Fort Mill; and 8 p.m. Tuesdays in the house beside First Baptist Church, 121 Monroe White St., Fort Mill.
Send Community News items to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 132 W. Main St., Rock Hill, SC 29730. Deadline for the Thursday column is 5 p.m. Monday. Deadline for the Sunday column is 5 p.m. Wednesday.