The York school district last week honored 10 school-level 2015 teachers of the year, who have been chosen by their colleagues to represent their schools.
Interviews for the district teacher of the year honor are being conducted this week, school officials said, and the winner will be announced at the Aug. 14 opening day ceremony. The ceremony is to be attended by state Superintendent Molly Spearman. The teachers also will be recognized at the Aug. 11 school board meeting.
The school-level teachers and the areas where they serve are:
▪ Kimberly Alexander, third grade, Cotton Belt Elementary.
▪ Jennifer Capps, 4-year-old kindergarten, Harold C. Johnson Elementary.
▪ Martha Dial, gifted and talented, Hickory Grove-Sharon Elementary.
▪ Terry Roddey, second grade, Hunter Street Elementary.
▪ Jessica Elliott, kindergarten, Jefferson Elementary.
▪ Frankie Guempel, social studies, York Intermediate.
▪ Kaye Hughes, special ed resource, York One Academy
▪ Patricia Green, social studies, York Middle.
▪ Freda Linen, guidance, York Comprehensive High.
▪ Rhonda Yommer, family/consumer science, Floyd D. Johnson Technology Center.