▪ Oakridge Middle School defeated York 5-2 April 21. Billy George pitched three innings and Jake Hylinski pitched the final four. Hunter Holland, Kolby Crepeau, Will Van Scoyoc, George, Dennis Matias and Hylinski all had hits. In defeating York, Oakridge (9-2) clinched the conference title and will be a No. 1 seed in the York County tournament.
▪ OMS beat Castle Heights 26-9 on April 21. Despite giving up 9 runs in the first inning, the Lady Golden Eagles ran off 26 runs to secure the victory. Dakota Peters struck out 10 batters. Leading the way on offense were: Katy Sutton - 3 RBIs, 2 runs, Emily Boudreaux - 4 runs, 2 steals, Faith Price - 3 runs, 2 steals, and Sophia Sprouse - 4 runs, 2 steals.
▪ The team lost April 23 to Dutchman Creek 20-10. Claire LaMontagne struck out six batters in relief during her first appearance of the season in the circle. Playing on offense for OMS were: Katy Sutton - 2 RBIs, Gwen Brochu - doubled, 2 RBIs, 3 runs, and Dakota Peters - 3 runs.
▪ OMS Lady Golden Eagles defeated York Middle 4-0 April 20. The Golden Eagles scored one goal, from Addison Partin, in the first half. After the half, Selah Gaylor hit the upper 90 and the lower 90 to score 2 goals. Maddie Franks also added a goal in between, passed from Olivia Vogt.
▪ The OMS girls’ team season ended April 23 with a 3-2 loss to Gold Hill. Selah Gaylor score first after taking a pass from a Gold Hill player. In the second half, and Gaylor put another goal in, passed from Annie Thomas. Gold Hill returned with a duo of goals, sending the game into overtime. During the first 5 minute period, Gold Hill scored, taking its first lead of the game. The Golden Eagles were unable to respond with another goal. Brooklyn Gunn had 13 saves, and Bailey Story headed a ball out of the goal.
▪ On April 20, the boys’ team defeated Sullivan 4-0 in the first round of the conference soccer playoffs. Mitch Clark crossed the ball on a corner 5 minutes into the game that Derrick Karsch drilled home to take the lead. Ten minutes later, Matthew Gurley set up Nikki Mandkovic, who placed the ball in the right upper corner to pull the lead to 2. At the start of the second half, Cameron McPherson took it down the line and was crumbled to earn a penalty kick that Camden Largen scored, earning his first goal of the season. Georgie Lamparter scored the final goal of the game.
▪ Oakridge took the lead in the second round of the playoffs in 23 seconds and held on to win 4-1 against Clover. To start the game, Nikki Mandkovic sent the ball down the side where Matthew Gurley crossed it into the back of the net. Less than 5 minutes later, Clover got an equalizer through a long throw-in. With about 12 minutes left in the second half, Ethan Stevenson assisted Brandon Malcolm to take the lead. With about 4 minutes left, Stevenson and Malcolm finished the game with a second goal. Oakridge moves onto the first championship game for the boys’ program.
▪ At the April 22 division track meet, the Lady Golden Eagles placed second out of seven teams. Highlights include: 100 meter – Emma Johnson, first, Mindal Reese, sixth, and Tiona Walls, seventh; 200 meter – Johnson, first, Reese, fourth, Imani Rivas, fifth, Walls, seventh; 400 meter – Imani Rivas, third (new school record); 1600 meter – Dezi Mei, fifth; 4x100 relay – Cassidy Pierce, Isabella Hart, Skyler Wolfe, Sara Nguyen, sixth; 4x400 relay – Sydney Frascht, Olivia Beaudin, Nguyen, Maddie McMullen, second; sprint medley – Rivas, Johnson, Reese, Walls, first (new school record); shot put – Maddie McMullen, third; discus – Deylon Harkey, first.
▪ Golden Eagles boys’ track team placed fifth in the divisional meet. Highlights include: 200 meter – Justin Liu, fourth; 400 meter – Lazarus Borges, fifth; 1600 meter – Collin Schmolze, third, Brandon Stiff, seventh; 4x100 relay – Hezekiah Massey, Blake Keffer, Liu, Hayden Johnson, fifth; 4x400 relay – Borges, Tony Daniels, Drew Brightman, Schmolze, fourth; sprint medley – Massey, Liu, Johnson, Schmolze, third; discus – Keffer, seventh.