Clover School District schools have chosen each teacher of the year.
The 10 educators, who have a combined 79 years of teaching experience in Clover and 119 years in education overall, will be recognized at a banquet May 6 at Palisades Country Club in Steele Creek.
The teachers are:
▪ Bethany Elementary, Jessica Farrington, first grade, three years in CSD
▪ Bethel Elementary, Jennifer Thomas, kindergarten, seven years in CSD
▪ Crowders Creek Elementary, Ashley Brown, fourth grade, seven years in CSD
▪ Griggs Road Elementary, Tammy Adams, kindergarten, 23 years in CSD
▪ Kinard Elementary, Emily Boyd, fourth grade, 17 years in CSD
▪ Larne Elementary, Sarah Hamilton, math interventionist, four years in CSD
▪ Blue Eagle Academy, Otis Neely, math, three years in CSD
▪ Clover Middle, Erika Long, science, one year in CSD
▪ Oakridge Middle, Miriam Edwards, Spanish, seven years in CSD
▪ Clover High, Sean Sullivan, AP history, seven years in CSD
The teachers become part of the Clover School District Teacher Forum, which helps develop teacher leaders. Led by the prior year’s district teacher of the year, the forum meets regularly to learn and grow from each other.
Each school’s teacher of the year is evaluated by a team of judges, including community representatives, who will select the 2015-2016 district teacher of the year, to be announced in August.
The district teacher of the year can participate in professional development programs as part of the South Carolina Teacher Forum led by the Center for Educator Recruitment, Retention and Advancement. Each district teacher of the year will compete to be selected as the 2016-2017 South Carolina teacher of the year.