Church to present ‘A Picture of Calvary’
Living Waters ARP Church, 612 Bethel School Road, will present “A Picture of Calvary” at 7 p.m. May 3.
The drama will answer questions about Jesus Christ and why he had to die.
Admission is free. All are invited to attend.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Mother’s Day breakfast, tour May 8-9
Billy Graham Library hosts an 8 a.m. May 8-9 Mother’s Day Breakfast and Tour.
Families are invited to treat mom to a breakfast buffet followed by a guided Journey of Faith tour. Each mother receives a gift.
Breakfast is served at 7:30 a.m. each day, with the event running through 10 a.m. Advance reservations and payment are required by May 7. Tickets cost $20 per person, 3 and younger get in free.
For more information, visit BillyGrahamLibrary.org.
Church to hold family movie nights
Christ the King Church will hold three free family movie nights this summer.
Popcorn, candy and drinks will be available for $1 each. Children younger than age 12 must be accompanied by adult.
▪ 6:30 p.m. June 20; Lawn games will begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by “Big Hero 6” at 7:30 p.m. on the lawn. In case of rain, movie will be shown inside.
▪ 5:30 p.m. July 11: “The Lego Movie” inside.
▪ 5:30 p.m. Aug. 29: “McFarland” inside.
For more information, call 704-587-0073 or visit CtKCharlotte.org.
Community Cafe serves lunch Tuesdays
The Community Cafe offers free weekly lunches 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesdays at Lake Wylie Christian Assembly.
The Cafe at Lake Wylie Lutheran Church in Fort Mill serves lunch 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays.
Donations are accepted. Call 330-289-1243.
Adults needed for outreach
Young Life of York County is at work with teens in the community, providing leaders to help them make wise decisions.
Young Life is a Christian ministry committed to making an impact on kids’ lives and giving them hope for tomorrow. Founded in 1941, Young Life leaders build positive relationships with young people to model and communicate the truth about Jesus Christ. Young Life reaches suburban, urban and multicultural kids, as well as kids with disabilities and teenage mothers.
Call 803-547-4148 for details.
Faith-based support for LGBT community available
Affirmation of York County is a newly-formed support group for people in faith communities who seek support and understanding for themselves and others in working through the issues confronted by gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, their families and their friends.
Email email@example.com for information.
Family night set in Lake Wylie
River Hills Community Church, 104 Hamilton’s Ferry Road, holds Wednesday Family Night through May.
Adult studies begin at 5:15 p.m., followed by dinner in the gym at 6:15 p.m. with children and adult classes starting at 7 p.m. Dinner costs $6 for adults and $3 for children.
Family night is open to the community and the first dinner is free. Visit rhcconline.org.
Good Sam hosts community programs
Good Samaritan United Methodist Church, 5220 Crowders Cove Road, offers several ongoing community programs.
▪ PACE running group meets 8 a.m. Saturdays at the church. There will be a devotion with Pastor Jason Everson, then break into pace groups to run. Everyone welcome to join any time.
▪ Learning to Pray, a four-week study 10:15-11:15 a.m. Sundays at the church. No materials fees. Everyone welcome.
▪ Exodus, men’s group led by Everson studying the Old Testament book 6-7 a.m. Wednesdays.
▪ The Prayer Shaped Disciple, nine-week study based on the book by Dan R. Crawford, meets 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays at the home of Rob and Dixie Wagner, 516 Otter Run Drive, Lake Wylie. To RSVP, call the church at 803-831-0304.
▪ Prayer: Does it Make a Difference?, a study based on the book by Philip Yancy meets 9-10 a.m. Fridays in the home of Rebecca Peeler, 217 Tributary Drive, Rock Hill. To RSVP, call the church at 803-831-0304.
▪ Divine Healing Ministry Chapter of the International Order of St. Luke holds a healing service the fourth Saturday of the month.
Visit goodsamumc.org for information about the church and its programs.