Scattered showers didn’t stop reeling in a good night of fishing April 30 during the Thursday Night Tournament Trail on Lake Wylie.
It was another good turnout for the trail with 44 boats, said Erwin Gaston, who co-organizes the weekly tournament series with Jeremy Cabe.
“We had a few passing showers and a lot of pollen blowing around,” Gaston said. “The lake water is muddy north of Buster Boyd Bridge and heavy stained south of the bridge. The bass and still eating spinnerbaits and bussbaits on windy rock banks.”
Team Chris Marshall and Scott Willis put together a five-bass stringer weighing 18.99 pounds to take the win. Brothers Ron and Roger Farrow came in close second with 18.14 pounds.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
The trail is sponsored by Academy Sports, Kangaroo Express and A-1 Adams Bail Bonds Agency.
Tournaments are held Thursdays through Aug. 27. Registration runs 5:30-6:20 p.m. at Buster Boyd Access Area. Blast off is at 6:30 p.m. and weigh-in at 11 p.m. The two-night Championship Fish-off is Sept. 11-12.
For more information, visit lwtt.org.
Catherine Muccigrosso • 803-831-8166
TNTT results: April 30
1. Chris Marshall/Scott Willis, 18.99
2. Ron Farrow/Roger Farrow, 18.14
3. Shawn Wallace/Hunter Pool, 17.40
4. Ben Ruble/Walt Brysiak, 16.98
5. Zack Jeny/Mike Smith, 15.81
6. Lee Endicott/Josh Morton, 15.62
7. Mike McDuffle/Casey West, 15.35
8. George Bauchem/Chris Odom, 14.90
9. Tim Chapman/Mark Leech, 14.30
10. Jay Adams/Jay Adams Jr., 13.48
11. Tony Viera/Jeff Zobes, 13.11
12. Mike Stone/Corey Stone, 13.03
13. Tommy Faulkenberry/David Mitchell, 12.65
14. Josh Featherstone/Dave Snearly, 12.17
15. Ken Nickerson/Tim Nickerson, 11.84
16. Gerald Ramsey/Caleb Lambert, 11.34
17. Pugg Clements/Eric Cody, 11.23
18. Steven Sparrow/Phillip Carson, 10.88
19. Mack Lowe/Larry Fleeman, 10.84
20. Todd Lawrence/Joe Taylor, 9.91
21. Patrick McSwain/Randell Lundsford, 8.83
22. Jeff Kimbrell/Jake Kimbrell, 8.55
Big Fish: Shawn Wallace/Hunter Pool, 5.93