Thursday Night Tournament Trail organizers called May 7 the “perfect night for fishing.”
“The air temperature was nice, no rain and a light breeze to keep the bugs away,” said Erwin Gaston, who organizes the weekly trail on Lake Wylie with Jeremy Cabe.
However, the fish weren’t cooperative, Gaston said.
“The weights were down on this Thursday night, but Steve Addington was able to find five bass that topped the scale at 14.19 pounds to beat out the field of 42 boats,” Gaston said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
Tim Chapman and Mark Leech took second with 14.10 pounds. The big fish of the night went to Tyler Grieves and Drew Kaser with a 5.70-pounder.
The trail is sponsored by Academy Sports, Kangaroo Express and A-1 Adams Bail Bonds Agency.
Tournaments are held Thursdays through Aug. 27. Registration runs 5:30-6:20 p.m. at Buster Boyd Access Area. Blast off is at 6:30 p.m. and weigh-in at 11 p.m. The two-night Championship Fish-off is Sept. 11-12.
For more information, visit lwtt.org.
Catherine Muccigrosso • 803-831-8166
TNTT results: May 7
1. Steve Addington, 14.19
2. Tim Chapman/Mark Leech, 14.10
3. Mike Stephens, 13.85
4. Jay Adams/Tony Calcurico, 13.24
5. Adam Filmore/Matt Queen, 13.06
6. David Winters/Russ Winters, 12.70
7. Tommy Faulkenberry/David Mitchell, 12.66
8. Tyler Grieves/Drew Kaser, 12.48
9. Hunter Hicks/Bobby Rice, 12.45
10. Walt Brysik/Gerald Briggs, 11.94
11. Caleb Lambert/Gerald Ramsey, 11.37
12. Conrad Pogorzelski/Gerald Ramsey, 10.89
13. Chris Dover/Robert Fowler, 10.44
14. Rob Johnson, 10.20
15. Ron Weyersberg/Tyler Brown, 9.58
16. Jeffery Bryant/David Falls, 9.30
17. Brent Bolin/Scott Bolin, 9.26
18. Ratrick McSwain/Randall Lundsford, 6.26
19. Stephen Sparrow/Taylor Robinson, 5.53
Big Fish: Tyler Grieves/Drew Kaser, 5.70