Choir concert June 28 at Lake Wylie church
“Let Freedom Ring” will be at 10:30 a.m. June 28 at River Hills Community Church, 104 Hamilton’s Ferry Road.
The church choir, the Music Men Choir and Sometime Singers come together under the direction of the new minister of worship and arts John Leon Lewis.
The regular 8 a.m. worship service June 28 is canceled.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Call 803-831-1615 or visit rhcconline.org.
Family movie night July 11
Christ the King Church, 13501 S. Tryon St., will hold a free family movie nights this summer.
Popcorn, candy and drinks will be available for $1 each. Children younger than age 12 must be accompanied by adult.
▪ 5:30 p.m. July 11: “The Lego Movie” inside.
▪ 5:30 p.m. Aug. 29: “McFarland” inside.
For more information, call 704-587-0073 or visit CtKCharlotte.org.
Library posts upcoming events
Billy Graham Library will hold the following events:
▪ July 1-31: Military Appreciation Month – During July, the library will recognize and honor veterans and active service members with a military display as part of The Journey of Faith tour, to share how God has used Billy Graham to minister to troops throughout the decades. Each veteran and service member will receive a free gift.
▪ 11 a.m.-1 p.m. July 10: Military Appreciation Luncheon – Veterans and active service members are invited to enjoy fellowship and a free lunch. Advance reservations are required.
▪ 11 a.m.-noon July 25: Book Signing with Kent and Amber Brantly – Dr. Kent Brantly made world news as he contracted the deadly Ebola virus while serving as a medical missionary in Liberia with Samaritan’s Purse. The account of how their family dealt with the trials of Ebola by clinging to their faith is documented in “Called for Life.” Books will be available for purchase in Ruth’s Attic bookstore, or bring your own. Limit two signed items per person.
▪ 8-11 a.m. Aug. 14: Law Enforcement Appreciation Breakfast – Law enforcement officers are invited to a complimentary continental breakfast, hear special guest speaker and take guided Journey of Faith tour. Advance reservations are required. Admission is free.
For more information, visit BillyGrahamLibrary.org.
VBS features SunQuest Rainforest
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 501 Pine St, will hold vacation Bible school 5-8 p.m. July 27-30 featuring SunQuest Rainforest.
Each evening begins with dinner followed by Bible stories, crafts, music and games.
For more information or to register, email email@example.com.
Register for community Bible study
Community Bible Study – an international, interdenominational, in-depth Bible study – has changed its originally scheduled meeting date.
The group will meet at 9:15 a.m. Wednesdays beginning Sept. 2 at River Hills Community Church.
The study is for women and their children through high school age. The study is not affiliated with a church. All communities, churches, backgrounds, ages and levels of Bible knowledge are welcome.
The 30-week study of Daniel and Revelation costs $25 for adults and $10 for children, and includes lesson books.
Call 803-810-9590 or visit lakewylie.cbsclass.org.
Community Cafe serves lunch Tuesdays
The Community Cafe offers free weekly lunches 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesdays at Lake Wylie Christian Assembly.
The Cafe at Lake Wylie Lutheran Church in Fort Mill serves lunch 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays.
Donations are accepted. Call 330-289-1243 for details.