A steamy night yielded smaller weights at the scales for the weekly Thursday Night Tournament Trail June 18.
“It was hot last night, and I am talking about the weather,” said Erwin Gaston, co-organizer of the event with Jeremy Cabe. “At the time of blast-off, the air temperature was 97 degrees and the water temperature was 92 degrees.”
Still, 38 boats turned out “with ice in their live wells ready for catching.”
Brian New and Todd Auten put together a pattern that produced 14.49 pounds for the win.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
Second place went to Bucky Helms and Steve Addington with 13.43 pounds.
The big fish of the night was caught by Greg Williams and Brian Williams, their only fish at 5.04 pounds.
The trail is sponsored by Academy Sports, Kangaroo Express, A-1 Adams Bail Bonds Agency and Sparks Grading.
Tournaments are held Thursdays through Aug. 27. Registration runs 5:30-6:20 p.m. at Buster Boyd Access Area. Blast off is at 6:30 p.m. and weigh-in at 11 p.m. The two-night Championship Fish-off is Sept. 11-12.
For more information, visit lwtt.org.
Catherine Muccigrosso • 803-831-8166
TNTT results: June 18
1. Todd Auten/Brian New, 14.49
2. Bucky Helms/Steve Addington, 13.43
3. Russ Winters/David Winters, 13.37
4. Brian Holder/Josh Holder, 12.74
5. Jay Adams/Tony Colcurio, 12.61
6. Michael McDuffie/Cayce West, 12.52
7. Larry Fleeman/Mack Lowe, 11.73
8. Eric Brink/Tim Sabela, 11.67
9. Charlie Westbrook/James Campbell, 11.33
10. Steven Sparrow/Glenn Sparrow, 11.29
11. Mike Stevens, 10.96
12. Hunter Hicks/Bobby Rice, 10.85
13. Donald Black/Ronnie Melton, 10.03
14. Rick Carson/James Clemmons, 9.99
15. Ben Ruble/Walt Brysck, 9.79
16. Derek Lilly/Eric Bartsch, 9.64
17. Austin Chandler/Will Price, 9.28
18. Greg Williams/Brian Williams, 5.04
Big fish: Greg Williams/Brian Williams, 5.04