Belmont chamber after hours at McLean
Developers of the McLean new homes communities on Lake Wylie will host Montcross Area Chamber’s Network After Work 5:30-7 p.m. Sept. 10 at the historic John McLean house, 175 Armstrong Road.
McLean is being developed in three communities with up to 900 homes on property recently owned by the late Daniel Stowe, who donated more than 400 acres to create Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. Stowe bought the property from the McLean family, including the more 670 acres being developed.
John McLean built a large two-story home on the land in the mid-1800s. That house, which has undergone extensive restoration, will be the site of the chamber event and soon will open as the sales center for the McLean project.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Registration is requested at montcrossareachamber.com. For more information, call 704-825-5307.
Lake Wylie chamber event at marina
Lake Wylie Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours is 5:30-7 p.m. Sept. 10 at Long Cove Marina, 14629 RainBarrel Road, Steele Creek.
Come by boat or car.
Chamber exhibit bridges business, arts
The first art exhibition in the Montcross Area Chamber offices opened Aug. 26 with a reception for artist Marcee Musgrove. “Bridges” will hang through Nov. 18 in the Stowe Building, 100 N. Main St.
The theme comes from one of ways the chamber describes its mission to “build bridges connecting people, businesses and communities.” Gaston Arts Council Executive Director Kim George coordinated the exhibit, and Clearbrook Advisory Services sponsored the opening reception.
Marcee Musgrove is the owner of White Lotus Arts, Arts on Main, 212 W. Main Ave., Gastonia. Musgrove created 22 paintings for the chamber exhibition. All are available to purchase. For more information, call the artist at 803-448-7987 or visit whitelotusarts.com.
York County chamber posts events
York County Chamber of Commerce will hold these events this month:
▪ 4:30 p.m. Sept. 10: Ribbon cutting for P’Zazz & Tapas, 490 S. Herlong Ave., suite 103, Rock Hill. Sondra Smith Merida is owner. Hours 10 a.m.- 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday and 1-9 p.m. Sunday. For more information, call 803-324-8272 or visit pizzazzntapas.com.
▪ 6 p.m. Sept. 15: Leadership York County Alumni BBQ, Bowater-Catawba Recreation Park, 1673 Bowater Road, Rock Hill. Open to all graduates of the program.
▪ 5:30 p.m. Sept. 17: Business After Hours at Piedmont Family Practice Rock Hill, 2633 Celanese Road, Rock Hill. Meet physicians Eric Johnson and Leann Rettell.
▪ 8 a.m. Sept. 18: Small Business Seminar, 454 S. Anderson Road, suite 313, Rock Hill. Covers issues ranging from setting your business to dealing with a problem worker, as well as looking at issues of benefits, wages and termination. Local attorney Bev Carroll will present a seminar for business owners, office managers, payroll personnel and human resources personnel. A question and answer session will follow, as well as an opportunity for one-on-one discussion.
▪ Noon Sept. 18: Ribbon cutting for LA Fitness, 745 Arden Lane, Rock Hill. Amenities including equipment, group fitness classes, swimming pool and spa, personal training, kids club babysitting, racquetball and basketball. Grand opening is Sept. 19. Call the business at 803-818-3368 or visit lafitness.com.
▪ Noon Sept. 23: Ribbon cutting for Hey Sugar Shop, 1121 Charlotte Ave., Rock Hill. Mary Kate McManus is owner. Shop provides original cookie art, 90 cake truffle flavors, specialty sweets and fresh daily specials. Hours are 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Wednesday-Friday and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. For more information, call 803-328-8001 or visit heysugarshop.com.
▪ 3:30 p.m. Sept. 24: Chamber 101, 116 E. Main St., Rock Hill. Learn about how to take advantage of the benefits of the chamber, including networking opportunities, exclusive discounts, online promotions and volunteer opportunities. RSVP at 803-324-7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Noon Sept. 25: York Region Grassroots Luncheon, 101 Country Club Drive, Fort Mill. Learn about policy-changing work at home with chambers include Greater Clover, Greater York and Lake Wylie chambers, and the South Carolina Chamber. Cost is $20. Call 803-547-5900 or email Allison.email@example.com.
▪ 12:30 p.m. Sept. 29: Fall Golf Tournament, Tega Cay Golf Club, 15083 Molokai Drive, Tega Cay. Individual playing spots cost $150, or team $500. Sponsorship packages available. Call 803-547-5900.
▪ 10 a.m. Sept. 30: Ribbon cutting for Bernard N. Ackerman, CPA, PA, 596 Herrons Ferry Road, 5th floor, Rock Hill. Call 803-366-8371 or visit bnacpa.com.
For chamber information, call 803-324-7500 or visit yorkcountychamber.com.
Clover man honored by employer
Averitt Express honored associate Dencil Kelley of Clover for 25 years of safety.
Averitt has developed a culture of safety by measuring both vehicle and driver performance through a series of indicators. It also strives to have the safest trucks on the road, aiming for continual improvement through training programs and awareness campaigns.
Averitt’s Charlotte facility is at 3708 Westinghouse Blvd.
Visit AverittExpress.com for more information.
Home builder launching tree plan
Lennar home builder will take part in a tree planting initiative with six elementary schools in Mecklenburg, York, Iredell, Gaston and Union counties.
Beginning Sept. 14 through the end of the month, the company will donate $100 per home sold toward planting trees on elementary campuses close to one of Lennar’s 16 communities, including Palisades Park Elementary in Steele Creek.
For more information, visit lennarcharlotte.com.