Chamber celebrating Publix opening, choosing board
Lake Wylie Chamber of Commerce will celebrate the opening of Publix at Landing Station with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 6:45 a.m. Nov. 11.
The chamber nominating committee for directors of the chamber recommends five candidates to serve three-year terms on the Board of Directors, beginning Dec. 1. They are: Don Long, community volunteer; Donna Bordeaux - Bordeaux and Bordeaux, CPAs; Fred Caldwell, Fred Caldwell Chevrolet; Jane DuBois, Lake Wylie Marketing and Lake Wylie Today; Doug McSpadden, McSpadden Custom Homes.
Additional candidates may be nominated by a petition with signatures of the primary representative of at least 10 qualified members of the chamber. Petitions must be filed by 5 p.m. Nov. 20.
York County chamber posts events
York County Regional Chamber of Commerce announces events this month.
▪ 3:30 p.m. Nov. 12: Chamber 101 at Fort Mill office, 210 Tom Hall St. Learn more about chamber membership at this information session. Reservations requested by calling 803-324-7500 or email email@example.com.
▪ 10 a.m. Nov. 13: Ribbon cutting for Silcotech Carolina Inc., 1616 Timberland Court, York. Lunch will be served at noon. Vice President Isolde Boettger says Silcotech is a global leader in liquid injection molding for the medical, health care, automotive, packaging, consumer electronics and consumer markets since 1984. For business information, call 803-620-2100 or visit silcotech.com.
▪ Noon Nov. 18: Ribbon cutting for Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St., Fort Mill. Hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday. Call 803-802-3646 or visit fmhm.org.
▪ 7:30 a.m. Nov. 19: Rock Hill Education Awards Breakfast, Hood Center, 452 S. Anderson Road, Rock Hill. Held during American Education Week, this event recognizes students and educators from Rock Hill’s public, private and higher education institutions for their outstanding performance. Cost is $20; reservations required. Call 803-547-5900.
▪ 4 p.m. Nov. 19: Business After Hours at Springs Creative, City Club, 141 E. Main, Rock Hill. Call 803-324-7500.
▪ Noon Nov. 20: Ribbon cutting for State Farm Agency – Ashley Berry, 506 Mercantile Place, suite 105, Fort Mill. Hours are 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, and 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. Call 803-802-4467.
▪ Nov. 28 is Small Business Saturday in York County to encourage people to shop at the small businesses.
For chamber information, visit yorkcountychamber.com.
Stores holding fundraiser for food banks
Marshalls and HomeGoods stores in RiverGate shopping center will hold an in-store fundraising campaign Nov. 6-8 to support the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina and Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina.
York vet opens boarding, grooming facility
Veterinarian Dr. Sylvia Chappell opened Meows and Growls, a pet spa and full-serving boarding and grooming service, next to the veterinary clinic at 1420 E. Alexander Love Hwy.
Meows and Growls also has an indoor play area and outdoor kennels where dogs can go for play or exercise time, she said.
Boarding rates are $15 to $25 a night for dogs, depending on the size, and $15 a night for cats. Grooming fees range from $20 to around $80.
Hours are 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Call 803-818-5121.