Filbert PCA, 2066 Filbert Highway, is celebrating its 100th anniversary with several events.
Main events include:
▪ March 13-16, “Word Series” featuring Wayne Rogers, pastor of Filbert 1971-1976 and Judy Rogers, singer and songwriter who put the major themes of the children’s Catechism to music.
▪ July 2-3, Homecoming with John and Kathy Hall. His family are longtime members of Filbert.
▪ Oct. 29-30, “Reformation Celebration” with David and Patti (Burton) Rountree. She grew up at Filbert.
For information, visit filbertpca.org.
Community Clothing Closet open March 19
Christ the King Church, 13501 S. Tryon St., will open its free Community Clothing Closet 9 a.m.-noon March 19.
There will be clothing and shoes in all sizes for babies through adults. For more, visit CtKCharlotte.org/Clothing.
Good Samaritan UMC hosting small groups
LAKE WYLIE Good Samaritan United Methodist Church, 5220 Crowders Cove Road, is holding several small groups open to the community.
▪ Walk with God: Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone at 10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. This group begins with a short devotional time, followed by walking inside, while using all muscle groups along with a video. This group starts slow, using the 1-mile video. This gentle and effective form of exercise will help tone the body, condition the heart, speed up metabolism and help fight aging.
▪ M&Ms meets 9:30 a.m. Mondays. This group is designed for women to strengthen faith studying “Life Lessons from Women in the Bible” by Rhonda Harrington Kelley. Child care is available.
▪ Divorce Care Support Group meets 7 p.m. Thursdays. For details visit divorcecare.org.
▪ “Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren meets 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Learn your purpose for being alive and find God’s plan for your life.
▪ Men’s Bible Study “As Iron Sharpens Iron” by Howard & William Hendricks at 6 a.m. Wednesdays. A study rooted in biblical principles is profound and practical guide to mentoring relationships for men. Whether you are looking for a mentor or to be a mentor, this book provides steps to begin.
Call 803-831-0304 to sign up for a small group.
Journey holds Community prayer
The Journey at Lake Wylie, 5415 Highway 557, holds community prayer 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays.
Everyone is welcome. Visit thejourneyatlakewylie.com/.
Community Cafe serves lunch Tuesday
The Community Cafe offers free weekly lunches 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesdays at Lake Wylie Christian Assembly.
The Cafe at Lake Wylie Lutheran Church in Fort Mill serves lunch 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays.
Donations welcome. Call 330-289-1243 for details.
Ministry sets up fundraiser page
New Life Purpose Ministries has set up a fundraiser web page to reach its goal to help recovery for people suffering substance abuse, or emotional and mental health disorders. The site is gogetfunding.com/new-life-purpose-ministries/.
“We have helped countless individuals in their quest for recovery, yet we have little to no financial support,” said the Rev. Ricou L. Williams, senior director and founder of New Life Purpose Ministries/Take 2 Enhancement Programs started in 2013.
The program includes spiritual enhancement, interpersonal relations, vocational training and assistance and programs for people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The goal is reach $10,000 to provide shelter, food, clothing, transportation and medical assistance.
The ministry is now on the list for housing through Wells Fargo Community Urban Stabilization Program, designed to assist nonprofit agencies with donated properties.