▪ After complaints by Epps Street residents of leaking sewage in their neighborhood, a crack was found in a pipe and promptly repaired.
▪ It appeared that Tega Cay City Council would be able to avoid a tax hike for the fourth year in a row.
▪ The Lancaster County School Board was considering the construction of a new Indian Land Elementary School building behind Indian Land High School.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ David McCaulay, city executive for First Citizens Bank in Fort Mill, was appointed vice president of the bank.
▪ Rainbow Girls Jane Medlin, Julie Douglas, Sherri Therrell, Sandra Marks and Anita Blackwelder attended the Supreme Assembly in Anaheim, Calif.
▪ According to Superintendent J. H. Nesbitt, a record enrollment of some 2,600 students was expected when Fort Mill schools opened the following week.
▪ Playing at Rock Hill theaters were “The Bad News Bears” and “Jackson County Jail” at the Pix, “The Gumball Rally” at the Cinema and “Patton” at the Ft.-Roc drive in.
▪ Miss Sallye Brown, formerly of Fort Mill and an assistant professor in the school of nursing at Florida State University, was chosen as an Outstanding Young Woman of America for 1976.
▪ Movies at the Center Theatre included ‘The Command’ with Guy Madison, “Pardners” with Martin and Lewis, “Godzilla’ and “D-Day, the Sixth of June” with Robert Taylor and Dana Wynter.
▪ Dan’s Place, offering hamburgers, hot dogs, banana splits, sundaes and milk shakes, was now open just past the city limits on the Rock Hill Highway.
▪ The Fort Mill Telephone Exchange, in business for 38 years, handled its first transatlantic call when Capt. E. W. Springs talked with his wife and children in Lucerne, Switzerland.
▪ The Fort Mill community was shocked to hear of the death of William M. White in a Rock Hill hospital following an appendix operation.
▪ Sam L. Meacham was erecting a brick garage on Confederate Street and planned to move the Jones-Young Motor Co. from Whiteville Park to his new garage.
▪ No definite conclusions were reached at a citizen’s meeting to consider the location of a new bridge across the Catawba River.