Bond denied for 3rd suspect in murder of Chester councilman
Bond was denied on Saturday for a third suspect in the slaying of Chester City Councilman Odell Williams.
A Chester County magistrate ruled that, for now, De’Angelo Raheem Roseboro, 20, will remain in jail on a criminal charge of accessory before the fact to a felony. Roseboro turned himself in and was arrested on Friday afternoon by the Chester County Sheriff’s Office, just before a judge denied bond to two others who have been accused.
A fourth man accused in connection with the crime had not yet been arrested by late Saturday afternoon.
Chester authorities have charged Quinton Tywan McClinton, 25, and Christopher Marquavious Moore,18, accusing them of being part of the drive-by shooting on Roundtree Circle that left Williams dead earlier this month.
McClinton and Moore appeared before Magistrate Dianne Moore on Friday. She denied bond for both of them.
Arrest warrants name Moore as the gunman. The records state that deputies used witness identification and DNA evidence to charge all three men.
Derrick Dixon, 18, is the fourth suspect and still at-large. Chester County Sheriff Alex Underwood has warned the public that Dixon should be considered armed and dangerous. Deputies plan to arrest Dixon on a charge of being an accessory to a crime.
All four men could face life in prison, if convicted.
Chester law enforcement officials said earlier this month that they believe gang activity was at the center of Williams’ murder. Underwood has said police do not suspect Williams was anything other than a victim in the crime.
Williams was a retired city of Chester police officer and a sitting council member. Officials have not yet stated a motive for the killing.
Moore is accused of peppering Williams’ car with bullets on Nov. 4 around 8:30 p.m., as he sat in his vehicle, two blocks away from his home. Williams was shot in the head.
Sheriff Underwood has said his department and deputies have been threatened by gang members throughout the investigation into Williams’ murder.
During a news conference Friday Underwood said, “I am personally declaring war on gangs in Chester County. They think they run this county, but they don’t. People are not going to be scared to sit on their porch, go to the store, exercise. That day is over as of today ... These gang members – they are not going to be put up with.”
Herald writer Andrew Dys contributed to this story
This story was originally published November 15, 2014 at 6:36 PM with the headline "Bond denied for 3rd suspect in murder of Chester councilman."