Clover man awakened by gunmen, forced outside
A Clover man says three men with shotguns came into his house Saturday while he was asleep, and forced him and another man outside — demanding money and a gun.
Deputies responded to the house on Bowling Green Drive after a report that a man had been shot in the head and a boy had been shot in the arm, according to a York County Sheriff’s Office report. Several people were in the house.
The first man forced outside was uninjured, but deputies said the second man “appeared to have been struck in the head with a solid object which caused his injuries,” and a boy had a minor abrasion on his arm. The injured man was transported to Piedmont Medical Center.
The boy who was injured said he had been awakened by someone hitting him with a gun, the report says.
The uninjured man told deputies the three armed men came in the house wearing hoods, masks and gloves and were demanding a .45 caliber chrome plated pistol.
The man said at one point, the men fired a shot into the floor and later, another into the air.
When police arrived, two of the armed men drove away in a red Acura, and the third man ran into the woods. So officers called for K-9 assistance, the report says.
Witnesses said they knew the armed men and heard them planning to get the gun, which had been given to the injured man to hold for a monetary loan.
“Due to most of the parties being intoxicated and with their resistance to cooperate with the investigation, deputies were not able to obtain much more information,” the report says.
The investigation is still open.
This story was originally published June 20, 2017 at 5:18 PM with the headline "Clover man awakened by gunmen, forced outside."