Crime

Charlotte police find man dead, another shot on South Crigler Street early Sunday

One man was found dead and another with a gunshot wound at a home in northwest Charlotte early Sunday morning.

Police were called to a home on the 300 block of South Crigler Street at 3:30 a.m. to check on the welfare of the residents, according to a news release from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

Officers found one man dead at the scene, according to CMPD. Officials did not say how 45-year-old Oldin Jacinto Diaz Lainez died.

Police also found a second man with a gunshot wound, CMPD said. He was taken to a hospital with a “non-life threatening injury,” according to the release.

Officers did not say what led to the incident, and no arrests have been made, CMPD said. However, police are not currently looking for any other people involved, according to the release.

Police ask anyone with information to call them at 704-432-8477 or anonymously on the Crime Stoppers tip line at 704-334-1600.

This story was originally published September 6, 2020 at 12:00 PM.

Related Stories from Rock Hill Herald
Cailyn Derickson
The Herald
Cailyn Derickson is a city government and politics reporter for The Herald, covering York, Chester and Lancaster counties. Cailyn graduated from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She has previously worked at The Pilot and The News and Observer.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER