Crime

Rock Hill serial burglar sentenced to 5 years prison for 2013 crime spree


Trabis Alston
Trabis Alston

A North Carolina man who was part of a two-man serial crime spree against more than a dozen Rock Hill businesses in 2013 was sentenced to five years prison after pleading guilty, prosecutors said.

Trabis Alston, 34, of Wilson, N.C. pleaded guilty Thursday to burglary, conspiracy and having criminal tools charges, said Chris Epting, 16th Circuit assistant solicitor.

The crimes targeted small businesses. The duo would use a crowbar and other tools to force their way into businesses in an attempt to steal money and other items, Epting said. Alston cooperated with police after he was arrested and gave a five-page statement that accounted how the team would steal from businesses that ranged from ice cream parlors and nail salons to restaurants and flower shops.

Prosecutors rolled 60 charges against Alston into two sets of guilty pleas Thursday, Epting said.

The other part of the crime ring, Paul Fuller, 55, also of Wilson, N.C., was sentenced to eight years earlier this year.

At the time the men were arrested, police in both Carolinas and Virginia had warrants against Fuller for other burglaries.

This story was originally published July 17, 2015 at 10:09 AM with the headline "Rock Hill serial burglar sentenced to 5 years prison for 2013 crime spree."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER