‘Everybody has been shot’: 911 calls among new information released in Rock Hill triple murder-suicide
Randy Moore fatally shot his wife with her own gun inside their home before going outside and shooting her son and his girlfriend, according to the York County Sheriff’s Office.
Moore then went back into the home and shot himself, according to a news release from the sheriff’s office Friday afternoon. All four were found shot dead July 5 at 985 Dunlap Roddey Road in Rock Hill.
The sheriff’s office on Friday also released audio recordings of three calls made to 911 after the shootings.
A friend who was “an invited guest” at the Moores’ home that day discovered the bodies of Moore, 55; his wife, Assistant York County Manager Anna Hubbard Moore, 50; her son, Jason Lockamy, 31; and Lockamy’s girlfriend, Lora Kathryn Young, 31.
“Emotionally shaken from the discovery and unable to use his cellphone, he (the guest) went to the Handle Bar to get help from mutual friends,” sheriff’s spokesman Trent Faris said. “Two individuals from the bar went to the residence to confirm the situation.”
Dispatchers received three 911 calls about the shooting in close succession. One male caller told a dispatcher a man came into the Handle Bar “with tears in his eyes.” The caller said the man was a friend of Randy Moore’s and that he had been invited to the home for a cookout.
“Everybody has been shot,” he says.
The dispatcher asks how the caller found them, and how many victims there were.
“Four,” he responds. “Please get here as soon as you can.”
Another call was placed by Anna Moore’s daughter, who said she had been contacted by Randy Moore’s son.
“My stepbrother just called me and told me that my brother and his girlfriend are on the back porch at my mom’s house shot,” she said. “I don’t know what’s going on.”
The caller said she was on her way to the home, and asked the dispatcher to send EMS and deputies.
“I don’t know what’s going on,” she said. “Nobody is answering their phones.”
Investigators believe Randy Moore killed his wife first inside the home, then went out the back door and “quickly encountered” Lockamy and Young, Faris said. Moore shot both of them, went back into the home and shot himself.
Physical evidence indicates all the shots were fired from the same Springfield XD .40-caliber handgun that Anna Moore bought in 2010, Faris said. There were no signs of physical violence or a struggle in the home before the shooting.
It’s not clear when the victims were shot or how long they had been dead before the friend found them, but authorities say the shooting happened the same day the bodies were found.
Sheriff’s investigators are trying to determine what motivated Moore to go on his deadly rampage before taking his own life. Faris said that, while there is no indication or reports to law enforcement of previous physical violence between Randy and Anna Moore, there was “marital discord” between the two.
The shooting remains under investigation, and investigators are still awaiting toxicology results and further evaluation of evidence.
As assistant county manager, Anna Moore oversaw several divisions: Animal Control, the Department of Fire Safety, Emergency Management, the detention center, Public Safety Communications and the Summer Feeding Program.
She also served as interim county manager in 2013 while the County Council searched for a replacement for Jim Baker. The council ultimately hired Bill Shanahan.
Randy and Anna Moore had recently moved to the Dunlap Roddey Road home, investigators have said, where they both lived.
Randy Moore had felony convictions on his record for drug charges and bank fraud. Those felony convictions were enough to have prohibited him from possessing a firearm, officials have said.
Moore also violated his probation – called supervised release in the federal system – and was sentenced to six months in prison for that offense, according to records.
The Herald’s Anna Douglas contributed
Teddy Kulmala: 803-329-4082, @teddy_kulmala
This story was originally published July 17, 2015 at 3:28 PM with the headline "‘Everybody has been shot’: 911 calls among new information released in Rock Hill triple murder-suicide."