Crime

York police arrest suspect in Burger King robbery


Bar-Mel Jeffron Adams
Bar-Mel Jeffron Adams

An armed robbery suspect who police say took more than $1,200 from a Burger King manager in York in June is in jail after police officers found him in Fort Mill, according to police and jail records.

Bar-Mel Jeffron Adams, 24, who had been sentenced to a year in prison in May 2014 after convictions on drug and other charges, was charged Friday with attempted armed robbery, conspiracy and possession of a weapon during a violent crime, jail records show. He is being held at the York County jail without bond.

Court records show Adams pleaded guilty in May 2014 and was sentenced to a year in prison, which came a year after he was sentenced in 2013 as a youthful offender on drug charges.

In the June 22 robbery, the night shift manager of the restaurant on Liberty Street in York told deputies and York police that she had locked the door and was walking to a vehicle to leave just after midnight when a man wearing all black clothes and a mask pointed a gun at her and said, “Give me the money, give me the money.”

The manager gave up the deposit and called police.

The robber fled before police arrived, the report states, and $1,279 was taken.

Andrew Dys: 803-329-4065

This story was originally published August 9, 2015 at 1:02 PM with the headline "York police arrest suspect in Burger King robbery."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER