Gunman holds pistol to worker’s head in armed robbery at Lancaster burger restaurant
The Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a suspect who robbed a Lancaster restaurant at gunpoint late Thursday.
The robbery happened about 9:45 p.m. at Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes and Fries on S.C. 9, which had already closed, said sheriff’s spokesman Doug Barfield. The suspect entered the store through an unlocked back door, held a pistol to one employee’s head and demanded money.
The suspect forced the employees into the office area after obtaining an undetermined amount of money, then left the restaurant through the same back door, Barfield said. No shots were fired and one was injured during the robbery.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans. He had a black mask over his face and a black sock on his left arm and hand. The handgun is described as a black and silver semiautomatic pistol.
Anyone with information about Thursday’s incident is asked to call the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office at 803-283-3388 or CrimeStoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Teddy Kulmala: 803-329-4082, @teddy_kulmala
This story was originally published August 14, 2015 at 3:20 PM with the headline "Gunman holds pistol to worker’s head in armed robbery at Lancaster burger restaurant."