Crime

Rock Hill teen charged with murder in Aug. 9 shooting

Quinteris Zy'Quan Miller
Quinteris Zy'Quan Miller RockHill

Police on Thursday charged a Rock Hill teenager in connection with a deadly shooting on Aug. 9.

Quinterius Zy'Quan Miller, 17, is charged with murder in the death of Anthony Hart, 30, whose body was found in the front yard of a Frank Street house, according to Rock Hill Police spokesman Mark Bollinger.

“The criminal investigations division is continuing to work on this case to see if any other individuals may be involved,” Bollinger said.

On Aug. 9, officers responded to the 900 block of Carolina Avenue Ext. to check on a noise violation. While they were patrolling the area, police heard up to 10 gunshots coming from nearby Frank Street. Officers also heard a vehicle speed away, according to the incident report.

Police found Hart face down in the grass with blood coming from his head, the report states.

Officers rolled him over and discovered a stolen gun underneath Hart.

Hart was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center, where he later died.

Bollinger couldn’t say how investigators tied Miller to the fatal shooting, other than to say they received information that Miller was involved. The investigation is ongoing, and Bollinger said other arrests are possible.

Miller had a bond hearing in Rock Hill Municipal Court Friday morning and his bond was denied.

Miller was previously charged with 10 counts of attempted murder after police say he shot into a Frank Street home occupied by many people, including children, on Aug. 2. During the bond hearing for that case, officials said Miller might be involved in a homicide investigation.

It’s unclear what if any connection exists between Hart’s murder and the previous Frank Street shooting, Bollinger said.

This story was originally published September 4, 2015 at 9:40 AM with the headline "Rock Hill teen charged with murder in Aug. 9 shooting."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER