Rock Hill teen murder suspect accused in jail attack on another teen murder suspect
A Rock Hill teen accused of murder is now charged with assaulting another teen murder suspect in jail.
Quinteris Miller, 17, who was arrested last week in connection with an Aug. 9 deadly shooting on Frank Street in Rock Hill, is accused of attacking Jacob Morgan, also 17, Thursday evening at the York County Detention Center, according to a York County Sheriff’s Office report.
A jail video shows Miller strike Morgan, busting his lip, according to the report. Officials did not say what prompted the assault.
Morgan is charged with murder and arson after a March fire at his Lesslie-area home killed his 14-month-old brother. Prosecutors said Morgan has a “warped fascination with fire” and lied to cover up the crime. Morgan’s family says he has a learning disability and can barely read and write.
Miller is charged with murder in the death of Anthony Hart, 30, whose body was found in the front yard of a Frank Street house. Miller is also charged with 10 counts of attempted murder after police say he shot into a Frank Street home occupied by many people, including children, on Aug. 2.
Miller now faces an additional assault and battery charge stemming from the jail incident.
This story was originally published September 11, 2015 at 12:21 PM with the headline "Rock Hill teen murder suspect accused in jail attack on another teen murder suspect."