Charlotte man pleads guilty to first-degree assault and battery.
A Charlotte man pleaded guilty in September 2017 to first degree assault and battery and was sentenced to five years in prison.
Raymond William Inkpen, 27, was released on parole earlier this year.
The incident happened just after midnight July 23, according to a Rock Hill police report. The victim said Inkpen entered her home through a sliding glass door in her bedroom. When Inkpen saw a man in the apartment with the woman, he said the second man “needed to leave.”
The victim took the man to his home and Inkpen followed them, police said. She then drove back to her home and Inkpen followed her inside.
Inkpen “became disorderly” and began physically assaulting the woman.
The victim was taken to Piedmont Medical Center for examination.
Teddy Kulmala: 803-329-4082, @teddy_kulmala
This story was originally published September 14, 2015 at 11:43 AM.