Lockdown on two Lancaster Co. schools lifted
A lockdown on two Lancaster County schools was lifted shortly after it was implemented Thursday morning, school officials said.
South Middle School and nearby Brooklyn Springs Elementary were placed on lockdown as a precaution shortly after gunshots were reported near the school at 9 a.m., on lockdown, said Bryan Vaughn, director of school safety and transportation for Lancaster County School District.
“We did get some info in reference to some gunfire possibly in the area,” he said, adding that Lancaster County deputies are searching a wooded area near the two schools.
A school district spokesman said about noon Thursday that the lockdown had been lifted and lasted only about 15 minutes.
Check back later for updates.
Teddy Kulmala: 803-329-4082, @teddy_kulmala
This story was originally published September 17, 2015 at 9:37 AM with the headline "Lockdown on two Lancaster Co. schools lifted."