Crime

Man tells York police he was shot while taking out the trash

Police continue to investigate after a man came into the York police department bleeding from the abdomen and told officers he had been shot while taking out the trash.

A 35-year-old man came into the lobby of the police station on North Roosevelt Street around 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 22 and told officers he had been shot through the right side of his abdomen, according to a police incident report.

The man told police he had been taking out the garbage at his Galilean Road home when he was shot by a man he only knew as “Rodrigo.”

Police responded to the reported scene of the shooting to collect evidence. The victim, who remained conscious and ambulatory and was able to give an account of the shooting to investigators, was treated for his injuries. Officers were unable to locate Rodrigo, and no arrests have been made.

Bristow Marchant: 803-329-4062, @BristowatHome

This story was originally published October 4, 2015 at 2:32 PM with the headline "Man tells York police he was shot while taking out the trash."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER