Crime

Second Rock Hill teen charged in August shooting death


Xavier Thompson
Xavier Thompson

Police have charged a second teenager in connection with the August shooting death of a man on Frank Street.

Xavier Dontay Thompson, 19, was charged with accessory after the fact to a felony, accessory before the fact to a felony and criminal conspiracy, according to the Rock Hill Police Department. Thompson was placed in the York County Detention Center, where he remained Monday without bond.

Thompson was charged in connection with the Aug. 9 shooting death of 30-year-old Anthony Hart, who was found lying face down in the grass and bleeding from the head between two homes on the 500 block of Frank Street.

Police officers were responding to another call on Carolina Avenue Extension about 11:15 p.m. when they heard six to 10 gunshots coming from the Frank Street area and a vehicle leaving “at a high rate of speed,” according to a police report.

Investigators last month charged 17-year-old Quinterius Miller with murder in Hart’s death. Miller was previously charged with 10 counts of attempted murder after police say he shot into a Frank Street home occupied by many people, including children, on Aug. 2. During the bond hearing for that case, officials said Miller might be involved in a homicide investigation.

It’s unclear if any connection exists between Hart’s murder and the previous Frank Street shooting, police have said.

Hart’s murder remains under investigation.

Teddy Kulmala: 803-329-4082, @teddy_kulmala

This story was originally published October 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM with the headline "Second Rock Hill teen charged in August shooting death."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER