Police investigate 2 shootings into Rock Hill homes
Police are investigating two shootings into Rock Hill homes, including one on Harrison Street last week.
Officers responded to the home owned by Marguerite Moore, 70, and her husband, Marion Moore, 75, at about 5 a.m. Wednesday. They found multiple holes in the house and at least two bullets inside, according to a Rock Hill Police Department report.
The homeowners were inside at the time of the shooting but unharmed. Both said they didn’t know who would have fired the shots, though last week the family said they believed the shooters targeted their 18-year-old grandson.
A passionate Marguerite Moore had harsh words for the shooters after last week’s incident. She said the drive-by shooter is “going to hell” for shooting into a home owned by people who “love the Lord and go to church and try to live right.”
Police were also dispatched to the 400 block of Locust Street at about 3 a.m. after a 43-year-old woman said she heard two shots hit her house.
Her son was in a folding chair watching television. He was bent down to pick up the remote control when he heard the shots. Police found a bullet in the arm of the chair where he was sitting, a report states. Police also found two shell casings along the sidewalk in front of the home.
Suspects have not been arrested in either case.
Capt. Mark Bollinger of the Rock Hill Police Department said it is unclear if the shootings are related.
“At this time we don’t know,” Bollinger said. “(We) don’t think so, but investigators will be looking into that.”
This story was originally published December 23, 2015 at 9:42 AM with the headline "Police investigate 2 shootings into Rock Hill homes."