Leads sought in Lancaster shooting that injured one
Investigators are seeking more information after a man was shot in the torso in Lancaster Monday afternoon, according to the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office.
The shooting happened about 6:45 p.m. near the intersection of Carmel Road and Belmont Circle, according to Doug Barfield, a sheriff’s spokesman.
Witnesses told deputies the victim had been driven away in a personal vehicle.
A short time later, a white SUV with three occupants stopped where a deputy was working a crash on Grace Avenue, Barfield said. A 31-year-old man inside the SUV had what appeared to be a gunshot wound to his left torso.
EMS transported the man to a hospital, and he was released Tuesday morning, Barfield said. At the scene of the shooting, investigators recovered a single fired cartridge case and spoke with several people, some of whom refused to cooperate with officers.
Barfield said investigators have identified a suspect but no arrests have been made.
“We have information that several people were present in the area when this shooting occurred,” Sheriff Barry Faile said. “We intend to identify these people and speak with them. We encourage them to tell us what they know about the incident so that we can get to the bottom of it and make charges as appropriate.”
Anyone with information on this shooting is asked to call the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office at 803-283-3388 or Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Teddy Kulmala: 803-329-4082, @teddy_kulmala
This story was originally published December 29, 2015 at 4:38 PM with the headline "Leads sought in Lancaster shooting that injured one."