Crime

2nd suspect charged in Rock Hill shooting that forced school lockdown

Clark
Clark

A second suspect accused of a brazen daytime shooting Feb. 4 that forced a lockdown of a Rock Hill elementary school.

Thomas Kareem Clark, 25, is charged with attempted murder, conspiracy, and other charges in the incident where shots were fired across the street from Finley Road Elementary School.

In the incident, witnesses picking up children from the school told police that shots were fired at a red Tahoe SUV with red rims, yet at least three bullets struck a house across the street from the school.

Clark is the second suspect charged in the crime that police said previously was an armed robbery. Quardravious Strong, 19, was arrested last week.

The shots were fired when Strong and Clark allegedly robbed a person of cash at gunpoint .

Andrew Dys: 803-329-4065

This story was originally published February 29, 2016 at 12:29 PM with the headline "2nd suspect charged in Rock Hill shooting that forced school lockdown."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER