Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State- Northwestern Trojan threw a pair of touchdown passes as the Cowboys hammered Texas-San Antonio 69-14 on Saturday. The true sophomore QB completed 17-of-23 passes for 280 yards and didn’t turn the ball over, while orchestrating touchdown drives of 91 and 75 yards. Rudolph and Oklahoma State face reeling Texas this weekend in their Big 12 opener.
Lee Wright, Youngstown State- former York linebacker was active in the Penguins’ 48-3 blowout of St. Francis (Pa.). Wright had four tackles, including two for a loss, one pass break-up and a sack.
Gerald Dixon Jr., South Carolina- the Gamecocks struggled in a 52-20 loss to Georgia on Saturday, but Dixon Jr., the former Northwestern Trojan, made five tackles - including three solos - and forced a fumble.
Gerald Dixon, South Carolina- former South Pointe Stallion also made five tackles against Georgia, sharing a tackle-for-loss.
Riley Hilton, Presbyterian- former Nation Ford pass-catcher made his first college grab - a 15-yarder for a first down on Presbyterian’s first drive - during the Blue Hose’s 23-13 win over Campbell. Hilton is a true sophomore.
Tay Hicklin, Georgia Southern- senior defensive back made four stops during Georgia Southern’s 48-13 win over The Citadel. Hicklin started the game at cornerback for the Eagles.
Zeek Rodney, Wake Forest- former South Pointe Shrine Bowler made four tackles, including a half tackle-for-loss during the Demon Deacons’ last-second 17-14 win over Army. Rodney started his third straight contest at nose guard for Wake.
Andre Foulks, Wingate- York Cougar was a disruptive force for the Bulldogs in their blowout of Brevard. Foulks - a redshirt junior defensive end - recorded eight tackles, with two for a loss and a sack.
Jaleel Scott, Ellsworth Community College- Scott, a sophomore from Rock Hill High, caught seven balls for 65 yards and a touchdown in Ellsworth’s 55-52 loss to Highland Community College. Scott has touchdown catches in his last three consecutive games, and is averaging 17.1 yards per grab.
Jerome Pettiway, South Carolina State- former York Cougar continues to thump the football well for S.C. State. His five punts in Saturday’s 36-0 win over Florida A&M included two longer than 50 yards and two downed inside the 20-yard line.
Other notable performances
▪ Former Northwestern Trojan Rod Byers made a single tackle in Clemson’s 20-17 win over Louisville on Thursday.
▪ Rock Hill’s Jatavius Stewart caught two passes for 42 yards, including a 31-yard touchdown late in the first half of Iowa NAIA school William Penn University’s 56-16 win over Central Methodist. Stewart, a senior receiver, has touchdown catches in each of his last three games.
▪ Nation Ford’s Andrew Komornik was effective with his seven punts during the Bulldogs’ 13-9 win over Virginia Union. Komornik averaged 38 yards with a long of 51, but downed two inside the 20-yard line and only had two of his kicks returned for a total of four yards.
▪ Fort Mill’s Nick Raszeja made six tackles during LaGrange (Ga.) College’s 28-21 loss to Ave Maria. Division III LaGrange has lost all three of its games by less than a touchdown.
▪ Chester’s Quan Caldwell caught two passes for 23 yards during South Carolina State’s 36-0 shutout of Florida A&M.
▪ Fort Mill’s Deryan Sanders had an interception in Chabot College’s 56-13 win over Foothill in California junior college action. Sanders is a sophomore.
▪ Sticking with juco, South Pointe’s Anthony Johnson made a pair of catches for 21 yards in Iowa Western’s 42-35 win over Dodge City.
▪ Lancaster’s Arthur Williams made five tackles in Pikeville (Ky.) College’s 22-0 win over Bethel. Williams is a senior linebacker.
▪ South Pointe’s Corey Neely broke up a pass during Marshall’s 45-7 rout of Norfolk State.
▪ Great Falls’ Alstevis Squirewell made five tackles during Newberry’s 31-6 win over North Greenville. Fort Mill’s Tony Godbolt made four stops for NGU in a losing effort.
▪ In that same game, York’s Markell Castle blocked a punt for the Wolves. Castle is a redshirt freshman receiver.
▪ Fort Mill’s Worth Gregory punted just once during East Carolina’s 45-21 loss to Navy, sticking a 42-yarder inside the 20 for a fair catch.
▪ Northwestern’s Chris Bouyer made a pair of tackles during East Tennessee State’s 47-7 loss to Charleston Southern.
▪ Rock Hill High’s Mitchell Jeter made three tackles, sharing a tackle-for-loss in The Citadel’s 48-13 loss to Georgia Southern.
▪ South Pointe’s Devin Pearson started at safety for Charlotte and made a pair of tackles but couldn’t prevent the 49ers from a 73-14 loss to Middle Tennessee State