Rock Hill police say man barricaded in home with hostages will face charges
Rock Hill police said a man is facing charges after a four-hour standoff involving two hostages Friday in the College Downs neighborhood, on the south end of Rock Hill.
Police took a 60-year-old man into custody at about 3:20 p.m. Friday after the standoff, said police Capt. Brent Allmon.
The man, whose name has not been released, will face criminal charges for holding two women hostage during the incident, Allmon said.
Allmon said the reason for the incident is that constables were serving an eviction notice on the man. The man threatened the constables, who called police, Allmon said.
A bomb squad and SWAT team were dispatched to the home at midday.
Rock Hill police spokesman Paul Myers, a member of the bomb squad, said during the incident that a person was barricaded inside one of the homes.
As the standoff ended, police brought out a person in a wheelchair. Police said it was one of the women who had been held hostage.
No one was hurt, police said.
The suspect was taken for medical attention as a precaution from an injury he sustained a couple of days ago, police said.
Officers had brought in a bomb robot to approach the house and crisis negotiators were involved in the situation, Myers said.
Parts of the neighborhood, which is near the intersection of Crawford Road, had been blocked off.
This story was originally published June 16, 2017 at 12:47 PM with the headline "Rock Hill police say man barricaded in home with hostages will face charges."