Community

‘No foul play’: Older couple found dead in their York County home, officials say

A death investigation is ongoing after two older adults were found dead Wednesday night in a York County home near Rock Hill, officials said.

No foul play is believed to be involved, said York County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Trent Faris and Sabrina Gast, York County Coroner.

The male and female are believed to be a couple in their early 80s, according to Faris and a sheriff’s office incident report.

Coroner officials have not released the identities of the two people. Autopsies and toxicology are pending, Gast said.

The bodies were found at a house on Stuart Carter Avenue in the Lesslie community southeast of Rock Hill, according to a sheriff’s office incident report.

Officials said it remains unclear how long the two people had been deceased.

A meal delivery package from late August was found on the porch, the incident report stated.

Deputies went to the house in response to a request for a well-being check, the report stated. Officials found the bodies in a bedroom after Lesslie Fire-Rescue Department firefighters entered the house, the report said.

Investigators from the sheriff’s office detective division and forensic services responded to the scene, along with coroner officials and EMS.

The investigation into the time and cause of death remains ongoing, officials said.

Andrew Dys
The Herald
Andrew Dys covers breaking news and public safety for The Herald, where he has been a reporter and columnist since 2000. He has won 51 South Carolina Press Association awards for his coverage of crime, race, justice, and people. He is author of the book “Slice of Dys” and his work is in the U.S. Library of Congress.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER