Crime

One dead and one injured in east Charlotte shooting, police say

Police car lights in night time, crime scene, night patrolling the city. Abstract blurry image. Photo by Getty Images This is a stock image downloaded from Getty Images. It is a Royalty Free image.
Police car lights in night time, crime scene, night patrolling the city. Abstract blurry image. Photo by Getty Images This is a stock image downloaded from Getty Images. It is a Royalty Free image. Getty Images/iStockphoto

Two people were shot, including one who was killed, in east Charlotte Sunday morning, police said.

Officers responded to reports of a shooting around 11:30 a.m. near the 3500 block of Burner Avenue, according to a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department news release.

At the scene, officers found two people with gunshot wounds, CMPD said. Both were transported by Medic to the hospital, and one person has since been pronounced dead, police said.

Homicide detectives are not currently looking for any suspects, according to the release.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call CMPD homicide detectives at 704-432-8477.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Cailyn Derickson
The Herald
Cailyn Derickson is a city government and politics reporter for The Herald, covering York, Chester and Lancaster counties. Cailyn graduated from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She has previously worked at The Pilot and The News and Observer.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER