Crime

3 suspects identified in Fort Mill car break-ins

Still image of a suspect in a string of Fort Mill car break-ins. York Co. sheriff’s investigators believe the man is wearing a mask.
Still image of a suspect in a string of Fort Mill car break-ins. York Co. sheriff’s investigators believe the man is wearing a mask.

Three suspects in a string of Fort Mill car break-ins are reportedly in custody in North Carolina, the York County Sheriff's Office said Thursday.

The suspects were arrested for similar offenses in North Carolina, sheriff’s spokesman Trent Faris said, and sheriff’s investigators are working to obtain warrants to charge the alleged thieves with breaking into some 52 cars in the Regent Park area of Fort Mill last week.

The sheriff’s office on Tuesday released video of one of the suspects entering several cars while apparently wearing a mask.

The suspects’ names have not yet been released, which is expected to come once the individuals are charged in South Carolina.

Bristow Marchant: 803-329-4062, @BristowatHome

This story was originally published April 21, 2016 at 9:29 AM with the headline "3 suspects identified in Fort Mill car break-ins."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER