York County region school districts have announced make-up days from Hurricanes Florence and Michael.
Schools in York, Chester and Lancaster counties were closed on various days because of the storms.
During Hurricane Florence, Chester County schools closed Sept. 13-14. York County and Lancaster County schools were closed Sept. 14.
Lancaster County, Rock Hill and York schools also closed Sept. 17. Chester County, Fort Mill and Clover schools opened that day on a two-hour delay.
All schools in the three counties closed Oct. 11 because of Hurricane Michael, which came through the area as a tropical storm. The storm brought wind gusts, heavy rain and some flooding.
Under state law, students have to make up the first three days of missed school. After that, the school board can vote to waive up to three more missed days.
Here are the weather make-up days for each district:
- Fort Mill: Oct. 19 is a make-up day for Hurricane Florence. Dec. 21 is a half-day to make up for Hurricane Michael.
- Rock Hill: Make-up days are Feb. 15, Feb. 18 and April 22
- Clover: The next make-up day for Clover is Feb. 15. A second date has not yet been determined.
- York: Make-up days for Hurricane Florence are Dec. 21 and Feb. 18. A make-up day for Hurricane Michael has not been scheduled.
- Lancaster County: Students will be in school for a half-day Oct. 22 and a full day on Jan. 14 to make up for Hurricane Florence. Students will be in class on Feb. 18 to make up the day missed due to Hurricane Michael.
- Chester County: The next scheduled make-up day for Chester County is Feb. 18. May 31 and June 3 are now full days. June 4 and 5 are half days.